Rattlesnake Roundup. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Rattlesnake Roundup.

I'm confused, why arent the people doing this getting arrested for animal cruelty. All it is, is a bunch of inbread hillbillies going around torturing snakes. Do they have a permit for murder?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

People only do it for the rattles. I don't think it's legal. It's also very dangerous to run around trying to find venomous snakes.

*Missy*
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Herp Nerd

In the strictest sense, roundups are not legal. They violate hunting laws by over collecting and and often using illegal methods of taking animals, such as the use of chemicals (often gasoline is used to drive snakes out of their hiding places) - which not only is an illegal method of hunting, but is also considered illegally dumping of harmful waste. Then there's the manhandling, teasing and torture of animals before slaughter... cramping them in unsanitary conditions with absolutely no food or water... not to mention, the public slaughter, sale and consumption of non-USDA approved meat. All to be turned into key chains, hat bands, and other silly trinkets and souvenirs.

This is one of the reason why I think the US should zip it when it comes to the seal hunt. At least seals aren't corralled up for the amusement of the public, and then slaughtered in front of everyone. In the end, the roundups are permitted because the people who should be enforcing the laws actually participate, and it makes the Good Ol' Boys in the small towns money. The issue is completely ignored by animal rights groups because rattlesnakes are not fuzzy and cute like other animals they always want to save. The roundups serve only one purpose, to entertain people who enjoy seeing the misery of other creatures.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 05:06 PM

Angry

i should have started this lol!!!ive had this on my thing before this post was started lol.......i hate rattle snake roundups...my dad went to 1 a long time ago which im really really really mad at him for doing but i cant do anything about it and at auctions my dad goes to he sees a few rattles i wish people would understand how great snakes are and act like killing them is a good thing :i cant believe anyone would do this to them....and when theirs people abusing dogs and cats the humane society gets their pretty fast but if theirs something happening to a reptile they dont seem to care
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:32 PM

In my town, 4/5 of the population are redneck hicks whose lives revolve around the rodeo, hunting, and killing anything that moves. My neighbors actually shot their dog when it threw up! The worst thing is, they're both cops!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:33 PM

What's your Neopets username, slitherz? Mine's topaz_jade_m_curie.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:35 PM

I'm sort of unpopular because of the way I talk about the people in my town.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I'd like to pick a few fight's at a "Rattlesnake Roundup", or a rodeo. I think that would be fun.

"I Knew It Wasn't Berkowitz!!!!"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 08:07 PM

Yeah. Unfortunately, everyone here is related in some way (I don't really want to ask how) and they would "enlist" their relatives to fight if I insulted someone.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Adolescent Pup

I think Rattle roundup organizers should be neutered so they cant have offspring to stop the trend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 11:06 AM
RAT ADDICT

These things are sooo cruel and it is sad how PETA or the humane society don't care (I dislike PETA anyway) because they are not cute and cuddly animals.Like come on!

I hate stupid "events" that harm or exploit animals for our pleasure!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Adolescent Pup

My Western Back Diamond Rattler gets rounded up after taking a leisurely trip around the back garden.

Tags
animal cruelty, humane society