same as ball python? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Question same as ball python?

my bro has a ball python (bp) and he does not want me to copy him so now i want a snake that is pretty much like a bp. i like their temperment and their size. THANKS FOR THE HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 03:10 PM

I think that the other good starter snake is the cornsnake. I personally prefer cornsnakes to ball pythons (I don't have any of them, though... in the future). They grow up to be slightly smaller than bp's and have some slightly different requirements, so do some research on them before getting one. 8)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Curmudgeon

Cornsnakes and milksnakes/kingsnakes would be my recommendation too. I've kept many different kinds of each, and I would prefer the milksnakes any day over a Ball Python.

Ball pythons can be pretty, no doubt, but the coloration on a Sinaloan Milksnake is spectacular. They don't get too big, they are easier to keep than a 'Ball', and aren't a likely to go off their feed for any number of reasons.

Your brother will be so jealous of you!

bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

thanks but i already have a milk snake. if u go down a bit on the page were all the threads are it is called my new milk. me and my bro are pretty experienced with snakes and i wanted some thing like a bp cuz they arent as fast as my milk snake. my milk always is fast. i mean when i pick him up he doesn't mind but when i put him down he slithers away real fast.so fast u hardly could see him. THANKS THOUGH Sorry for the long post LOL
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Herp Nerd

If you're leaning towards a python, have a look at children's pythons or spotted pythons. They stay pretty small and have a relatively easy care regimen. If you want something a little more spectactular and a little larger (and thus more expensive), have a look at a jungle carpet python. Temperment is generally pretty calm. Make sure you buy from a reputable breeder.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

yeah i've been looking into jungle carpet pythons THANKS A LOT!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 03:41 PM

Nothing beats a ball python for temperament and handleability. Jungle Carpet Pythons will get way bigger than a ball. And corn snakes are no comparison for size. Spotted pythons are way smaller as well. My favs are the ball pythons....
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:49 PM

I agree with getting a cornsnake. I love my Burms, and my ball python, and my boas, but my favorites are my cornsnakes. They just have a great personality. More outgoing and calmer than boas and pythons.

-Tabitha
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

snake im getting

i've decided i'm getting a dumeril boa. it is a perfect match for me. i've done reseach and i know the size. im getting it in june 2 or 3

thanks for the help
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 04:06 PM

Congratulations. They are beautiful. Boas are great snakes. Just make sure you buy it from a reputable breeder.

Tags
ball python, corn snake, corn snakes, reputable breeder