Yay!!! We have eggs!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Yay!!! We have eggs!!!

Ok so hubby breeds cornsnakes. Well we are giving the momma snake (Wilma) the year off as she has double clutched the past couple of years and was taking longer to rebound after the last clutch last summer. So Lexi our Ghost corn is old enough this year to breed so hubby felt the eggs in there so we paired her off with our Striped corn Merlin.. Well yesterday she laid her eggs.. 23 of them.. only 11 were fertile which is normal for a first clutch. I am so excited to see what her babies look like!!! I love when the little noses pip through the eggs .

~Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

yay!! exciting! How do you tell if they are fertile?

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

It is really easy to tell if they are fertile.. the good eggs are white/off white and round/oval. The slugs.. infertile ones are yellow/brownish and caved in.

~Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Well that is super exciting! You must post pics of the babies and moms eggs if she's ok with it of course .

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 11:58 PM

Congratulations!!
I used to hatch brds (chickens,pheasants,ducks etc...) from eggs.
I used to just buy fertile eggs from a company & hatch my own,or sometimes if my birds had fertile eggs I would incubate them to hatch.

I'll have to see if theres a place that sells fertile snake eggs (or lizard eggs),see if I have any luck with those.
It's amazing to watch things hatch =]

Post pics of the baby snakes when they arrive =D
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 04:32 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

that would be awesome to hatch your own lizard
i would looove to hatch an iguana and have one from day one

[/CENTER]

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 05:46 AM

Ignore my typoes people. I just realized I
spelled "birds" wrong up there

But I agree.
So far I never found a company yet though.
I'll post if I finds one