[username] I would love... - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 01:13 AM

Have some of both, that's what i do. Sorry probably not any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 05:35 PM

I absolutely love snakes. we have 21 snakes and 12 lizards. If i had to get rid of the lizards i would be sad but could live. If i had to get rid of my snakes id die. They are my babies and i have some that absolutely love being out and about. The ratsnakes are like that. their always in everything your doing and want to be in the middle of it. Boas will hang out with you(If their friendly ones) but their only for people that can handle it.

And for feeding live. I find its cruel for the mouse or rat, because in the wild, snakes will feed of weak and sick animals(Survival of the fittest), for that same reason its dangerous for the snake since the rat or mouse is healthy and strong and can, if the snake is not carefully(Wich is likely with young snakes that havent learned to constrict properly) they can be severly injured.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 05:37 PM

*chuckles* This wouldnt be Dawna by any chance would it? lmao!

If so, im the one who got your boyfriend hooked on snakes aint I . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
I am hoping to get either snake or gecko one day, my boyfriend really likes snakes and I am parcial to both. Love to hear stories!!

*BTW, I am using a code so everyone will see their user name in the topic so it is not directly at most, LOL, I just want it to include everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:02 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcadiaReptiles

Teehee...yep thats Dawna!

We need more Newfies here!There are only 4!You,me,Dawna (Geishagirl) and my friend,Melissa (Candyraver)!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Loopy AppleNose

Other than Mediterranean Geckos and Rough Earth Snakes, I don't have much experience with those.

I've had red eared sliders, ornate box turtles, three toed box turtles, a leopard tortoise, and most recently a blue tongue skink.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently reading: Light in August by William Faulkner
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I have a 4 yr old ball python that thinks he's human lol When I get him out and I have my hair in a pony tail he wraps his body around it and lays his head on top of mine...He looks like a really weird scrunchie lol I also have a RES but I don't find that he cares to much for me ( Only when I feed him lol) and Then I have 4 yr old Green Iguana. He's strives for attention. When I let him out of his cage he follows me around the room lol So I love all reptiles !

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Title Thief Victim

I have a Leopard gecko, well 2 I love them both, I perfer Geckos over snakes....as be I cant feed a snake mice and ect. But Im starting a Leopard Gecko rescue its for unwated and neglected Leopard geckos. Leroy my Leopard gecko that I rescued a few months ago, Lived on sand(bad idea) for all his life, now that I have him hes getting alot friendlyier, he is blind in one eye due to the sand, Impaction. He lives in a 40 gallon breeder tank.

as for Monkey, I got him 3 years ago as a present. he lives in a 55 gallon w/ paper towels as the substrate.

I love my geckos and wouldnt trade them for anything.

Carissasaurus Rex

post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 09:32 AM

I think an iguana would be awesome when it's an adult and huge. They can be like pet dogs I've heard. I just don't have the patience to wait until they get big. Plus I've discovered I'm only good at training and taming mammals. I'm terrible with anything without fuzz which includes birds and lizards. But an iguana would be pretty neat. My dad was a cop and new a drug dealer that had one that ran loose around his house. He even had his own chair that no one else could sit in or the iguana would glare at you until you got out. Sounds pretty hilarious to me! I love animals that rule the house!!!
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 04:34 PM
RAT ADDICT

Hehe...yeah,iguanas have some interesting traits...^_^

* Lisa *

post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcadiaReptiles

Yup you got my bf wanting a snake!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 09:45 PM

I wants a cornsnake...or a couple, that'll be one of my first "investments" when I moves to the city.I also want geckos now...since I fell completely in love with Lisa's. Especially since seeing pics of them browsing the 'net ...being myspace junkies !! (I LOVED those piccies!! )
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Will It Ever Change?

i love all organisms, but i'm really not into reptiles as pets. my roomate once (a few years back) had a bearded dragon. she decided to live out of her bf's house adn only come home to feed him. he died one day. and my bf had to take it out. none of us would touch it because rigor had set in, it was gross. lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 01:25 PM

Leopard Geckos are awesome. Some have very laid back personalities.. my girl Janice, I fell in LOVE with at the breeders..she just calmly stood up in her cage..and begged to be petted.

Snakes are awesome.. I've currently got a baby Amelanistic corn.. Darko. They're nice snakes if you want something to handle. A smaller snake that's nice, is the Rosy Boas..they come in some really pretty colors besides normal.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 01:40 PM
RAT ADDICT

Your gecko and snake are gorgeous!I really like the snake!If I ever get a snake,I want a corn.

* Lisa *

post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 01:43 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I can't wait to see how Darko the snake turns out. Hoping he doesn't get too yellow. I wasn't sure..and this was my first "bought" snake..besides Garters as a kid. So at a nearby herp show..I spent HOURS..walking around looking..and holding a few snakes..talk about a kid in a candy store! Really wouldn't mind a little rosy boa of a neat mutation at some point..too. BUT fell in love with Corns..especially for a first snake, and I DO want to handle alot. When get gets bigger he will be in a locked cabinet in a separate part of the house as I have tons of little animals. That's where ..I think..Rosy Boas would be nice with owning rodents.. a full grown male, if he wanted to..could not hurt a chinchilla I am told.

Tags
ball python, bearded dragon, box turtle, chinese water dragon, corn snake, crested gecko, eared slider, eared sliders, leopard gecko, red eared slider, red eared sliders, red tail boa