[username] I would love... - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 PM

I'm not asked about this often enough
I have a Leopard Gecko named Montana. She is my baby. I love her soooo much. What exactly do you want to know about them? Montana behaves VERY well and cooperates with anything. What they need is sand for substrate, crickets & mealworms for food, a LARGE bowl for fresh water, water that is replaced everyday, a few things to climb on, and some things to sleep on or under. One leopard gecko can be housed in a 10 gallon. They need a light for night and a light for day. It needs to be 80-85 degrees in the daytime and a little below 80 in the night. Montana loves it when I mist her cage (she licks it up!) and when I mist her. Never grab a leopards tail because it will fall off and puts them through an extreme deal of stress and they can die from it. I will post a picture of her in a minute... if you have any other questions please just ask here of PM me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 09:09 PM

This is my baby Montana. I wouldnt give her up for anything
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my pets...halloween photos! 015.jpg (31.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg my pets...halloween photos! 017.jpg (45.1 KB, 3 views)
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 12:23 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMeBre
I'm not asked about this often enough
I have a Leopard Gecko named Montana. She is my baby. I love her soooo much. What exactly do you want to know about them? Montana behaves VERY well and cooperates with anything. What they need is sand for substrate, crickets & mealworms for food, a LARGE bowl for fresh water, water that is replaced everyday, a few things to climb on, and some things to sleep on or under. One leopard gecko can be housed in a 10 gallon. They need a light for night and a light for day. It needs to be 80-85 degrees in the daytime and a little below 80 in the night. Montana loves it when I mist her cage (she licks it up!) and when I mist her. Never grab a leopards tail because it will fall off and puts them through an extreme deal of stress and they can die from it. I will post a picture of her in a minute... if you have any other questions please just ask here of PM me
Montana is cute...but I just wanted to clear a few things up...

Leo's should not be housed on sand,as they can swallow it and become impacted.

Also they actually do not NEED a light.Sure you can have one,but if they get too much light,it will stress them out.And they do not need any UVB or anything.

Temperatures should be 85-90 degrees.If they are too low,you will stress the gecko out.You should use a UTH (Under Tank Heater) and not a heat rock.There should be a heated area and a cool area in the enclosure.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Montana is cute...but I just wanted to clear a few things up...

Leo's should not be housed on sand,as they can swallow it and become impacted.

Also they actually do not NEED a light.Sure you can have one,but if they get too much light,it will stress them out.And they do not need any UVB or anything.

Temperatures should be 85-90 degrees.If they are too low,you will stress the gecko out.You should use a UTH (Under Tank Heater) and not a heat rock.There should be a heated area and a cool area in the enclosure.
I am using all the things I listed above and she is doing excellent, being her sweet self. As long as sand is not colored, it does fine. And as long as it is a special kind of sand, they will not become impacted.

Tags
ball python, bearded dragon, box turtle, chinese water dragon, corn snake, crested gecko, eared slider, eared sliders, leopard gecko, red eared slider, red eared sliders, red tail boa