baby beardie not eating, help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

baby beardie not eating, help!

I am a long term beardie owner. I have never had a problem dragon although on occasion I have taken some in and nursed them bnack to health.

I recently had someone send me a silkback that they couldnt care for and one of her siblings. They are coming up on 6-7 weeks old the leather is around 8" right on time with what is expected......she is only 4.5" sooo tiny. I just cant get her to eat and im worried about her. She wasnt eating for the person who sent her to me and figured id have issues after the move but she has eaten a small dubia or wax but not enough to sustain herself on. She will get up and move around but for themost part she lays sprawled out, if her eyes arent closed she is observant. I tried mixing in supplements, new foods that she wasnt ewxposed too before and its not looking any better, I figured Id see if anyone had any additional advice to try?

Her temps are set up fine, always access to fresh food, lighting is fine, using reptisun 10.0 tube fluorescent and full spectrum heat light. main feeders are dubias, pheonix/wax worms. greens/squash/blueberries/ exc. Everything that other dozen or so dragons thrive on plus a few things they dont get but she touches very little.

open to any advise, dont see lasting long at this rate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 01:17 PM
is a little "special"

Poor little girl Have you tried feeding her some baby food? Most beardies LOVE it, and it's a great thing to feed then when they are not eating. You can try squash babyfood, and mix a little chicken or turkey baby food for some protein.

Do you give her regular baths? It helps their appetite if they are well hydrated!

BTW, silkbacks are amazing! Once she gets better, you should post some pictures!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Ive tried alot of different foods but havent tried baby food yet. I can pick some up today and give it a shot and post back. Hopefully she will eat some

Yes she gets regular baths, atleast since Ive had her. So shes well hydrated, and is lotioned as needed. Shes a beautiful dragon, just extremely tiny. She has a small nip but even with the size she still has personality
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM
is a little "special"

Ok, hopefully the baby food will help! When my first dragon refused to eat, he still loved that stuff. Plus, you can mix her calcium and vitamins in it too! You can feed it to her using a needle-less syringe, and just drop a little bit on her nose and wait until she licks it.

Aww, sounds like she is very pampered and adorable! I really want to put lotion on a silkie, LOL. My beardie is normal, so he doesn't need lotion or anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
silkback not eating