baby cresties not eating - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

baby cresties not eating

our second set of baby cresties were born just over a week ago and they dont appear to be eating. there has only been 1 poop and i think that was a result of one of the babes eating a pin head the other day. that was the only pin head that was eaten though. im pretty sure they arent eating their repashy food. ive tried 'spoon' feeding it to them but they arent interested and just keep trying to back away. our first set of babies are 2 months old now and are thriving..they love their crickets....cant get enuf of them. im just worried about the new guys. they are in a separate tank from the older ones..foliage and paper towel down with misting. what else can i do to encourage them to eat???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I think you can put a little Crested Gecko diet on their noses and they should lick it off, someone else will help more, i have 0 experience but have read up on them a bit.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:46 AM
is a little "special"

Can you syringe feed them? I havent had any cresties (I have been researching them though and Im hoping to get one), but when it comes to force feeding baby beardies Im a profesional
Im guessing that one would just lick the food off of its nose, but you can gently pry their little mouths open with a credit card too.
Have you tried other feeders? Most baby lizards LOVE Phoenix worms, so you could try ordering some small ones. They are packet with calcium, and super nutritious!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Hello Earthling

What size is the enclosure?

Try dabbing the CGD on their nose, they will lick it off.

Remember that babies have tiny stomachs so you may not see any lick marks in their food.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

thanks everyone..i also just bought repashy diet with the nectar apricot flavour..the one baby took to it right away so things are looking up

Tags
crested gecko