Bad news for Wink... - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Betta Bomb

I hope the lil guy recovers Your both in my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Well, I havent checked with the airlines that I am taking, but it isnt a direct flight, so I would have to pay for 2 plain rides. And some one on a beardie forum who works for an airlines said that ony dogs, cats, and birds are allowed in the cabin, but i havent checked on that either. My grandparents condo doesnt allow pets anyway. We are gone for 8 days, but we leave early and get home late so that is 10 days worth of Wink-sitting.

I actually found someone good to take him. She has 6 leo geckos of her own, and she works at a pet store that takes great care of their reptiles. She sounds excited to take him, and she set aside a 40 gal breeder for him too. Wink is licking babyfood squash from a syringe, so I wont ask her to force feed him solid food. I just put his calcuim/multi vites in the sqaush, and he seems to be doing pretty good that way. He will eat a super or 2 every couple days too.
The vet tech would have been $80, and I really cant afford that for one lizard... I have 4 different pet sitters watching every one, and they need to be paid a little something too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

He's eating, that's great! Just make sure she doesn't get too attached to him and try to um....*ahem* extend her Wink-sitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Hello Earthling

You may want to be careful about how much baby food you are giving him. It contains a lot of sugar, acid etc... which isn't really good for reptiles. Also it can lead to MBD and other nutritional deficiencies.

Have you tried blending up his veggies with water and trying that instead?

post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

The baby food Im feeeding him is just organic squash and water, nothing else.
Im still giving him his calcium so he wont get MBD. I have still have some collards and acorn squash, so I can blend some for a little variety... Or make a delicious super worm smoothie. Yum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Guess who downed 11 superworms today?! He has never eaten that much, even before this all started! Geez, its like he woke up this morning and thought "Hmmm... I think Ill be healthy today." Hes a mystery, thats for sure He also grew a little bit too... hes about 17 inches now. I hope he keeps it up!

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That's great to hear!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Wink threw up this morning or during the night. I didnt see it happen, but there were superworm parts everywhere and his little beard was dark-ish. I gave him a bath and some babyfood right away this morning, but he wont eat any more bugs for now. Ugh... One step forward, 2 steps back I guess.
I think he just ate too much. It makes me really sad, cause he was in such a good mood yesterday.

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

He probably just expanded his stomach too much, puked it up, and is feelin poopy.

Its good that he WANTED to eat the other day though, just if he wants to do it again feed him in moderation, probably less than what he was eating before.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Wink threw up this morning or during the night. I didnt see it happen, but there were superworm parts everywhere and his little beard was dark-ish. I gave him a bath and some babyfood right away this morning, but he wont eat any more bugs for now. Ugh... One step forward, 2 steps back I guess.
I think he just ate too much. It makes me really sad, cause he was in such a good mood yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by becrac16 View Post
He probably just expanded his stomach too much, puked it up, and is feelin poopy.

Its good that he WANTED to eat the other day though, just if he wants to do it again feed him in moderation, probably less than what he was eating before.

I would try giving him less food. It like when you have a starving person you don't want them eating tons of rich foods right away, they need to eat small amounts of bland food to get their body use to food again.

post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Yeah, I know that thats what probably happened. It just freaked me out a little, since hes never done that before!
Hes not interested in his supers today either, so I think we are going back to normal now. He is still alert, happy, and kinda pudgey lookin, so thats good.

post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I hope he still continues to get better

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yeah - I agree, he probably ate too much. Don't worry about it too much, just take it slowly.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 09:31 PM
RAT ADDICT

Poor Wink.
I hope he gets and feels better soon.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

He ate a worm yesterday, so thats good.
Im hoping it warms up soon around here... If I can get him outside in that natural sunlight, I think that would help snap him out of hibernating, if thats what is going on.

Tags
bearded dragon