bearded dragon and uromastyx friends - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 04:11 PM
ILoveUglyMen

bearded dragon and uromastyx friends

My bearded dragon and uromastyx are friends. When they're out of their cages they kind of hang out together. Since they eat similar foods and live in similar environments, I was wondering if they could be kept in a cage together? Does anyone know if this is a good/bad idea?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 05:13 PM
Herp Nerd

I see it done all the time in pet shops, but personally I don't think its a very good idea over the long term. The problem being that they will tend to compete for the best basking spot, and inevitably one will be dominant and the other will be secondary... it may not affect them directly in a physical sense, but it is a psychological thing as well. And in the long term, possibly not enough heat, light, and psychological well being can't be good any way you look at it. I don't see why they couldn't have a communal area for 'play time' though. As long as they are friendly to each other... but I really wouldn't keep them together in the same cage all the time.

*shrug* Its hard to really say though, I'm sure it could be done and it would work... but as a general rule, housing different species together is not recommended.

You have any pics of your mali?

Rav
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 11:26 PM
ILoveUglyMen

Thank you guys I didn't think it was the best idea, but couldn't find any info leading me either way.

Quote:
Beardies can become spontaneously aggressive towards other lizards their territory, especially during breeding-season.
I knew their environments were slightly different, and diets, but I didn't know this one!

Thanks again

Tags
bearded dragon, pet shop, pet shops