bearded or gecko? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

bearded or gecko?

so i was reading thru some of these threads and i saw that people recommended starting out with a gecko if you want a lizard. i have been eyeing beardeds for a long time and don't plan to get anything for a long time yet, but i just wondered what peoples opinions are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 08:24 AM

well sara i like both lizards but i have had a gecko she was so lovelly and tame they are so pretty in colour but bearded are nice too have too ,let me know when you get ether one as i love too see some pic's.... thanks
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

yeah it will be awhile since i already have quite a bit and we are about to get a pair of sugargliders too. maybe some day though... thanks for your input!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Curmudgeon

I like the personality of beardies better. However, they get so big that you'll need a fair sized tank for them, and additional heating, ...compared to the Leopard. They do well in cooler temps, and they don't get so big that they need that big of a tank.

They are both great animals, you can't go wrong with either. IMO

bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 12:59 AM
RAT ADDICT

I want a beardie!I never had one before tho.I know people with them and hear they make greyt pets and are full of personality!

I have two leopard geckos!They make good first pets in the reptile world.They are easy to care for and pretty cheap to look after once you have their stuff!I have a 3 yr old male named Bear,he is a normal or "classic" morph and I have a 6-7 yr old female named Mystta,she is a blizzard morph.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
I want a beardie!I never had one before tho.I know people with them and hear they make greyt pets and are full of personality!

I have two leopard geckos!They make good first pets in the reptile world.They are easy to care for and pretty cheap to look after once you have their stuff!I have a 3 yr old male named Bear,he is a normal or "classic" morph and I have a 6-7 yr old female named Mystta,she is a blizzard morph.
i had never thought about leopards until i joined pt. i also fell in love with the crested geckos but they are quite a bit more than the leopards. oh well i have plenty of time to think about it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 11:48 AM

Bearded dragons are good beginners too but they eat soooo much and need a huge cage. Id suggest a leo just for that fact lol. We have both and i love our beardy but he eats so much.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 09:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Anyone see the cute new Jeep commercial? Where there is a Jeep in a desert area and a little bearded dragon goes up to it and tries to scare it and then the Jeep turns and scares the dragon.I thought it was cute.The beardie is only computer animated anyway!

Sorry...rambling!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 09:29 PM

i used to have two geckos.. they were awesome! i would take them out and they would watch tv with me lol.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:02 AM

Yes i saw the commercial Lisa. Its ADORABLE!!! i laughed my *** off at it lol.

Tags
bearded dragon, bearded dragons, crested gecko, leopard gecko