Broccoli's new house - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 02:07 PM
bjg

Broccoli's new house

I have a 5' iguana who I just built a new house for. It's a 7'X5'X 4' diamond shaped plexi tower. I'll Post a pic as soon as my brother returns my digital camera. I'm pretty proud of myself, It turned out like a professional store bought atrium(first time I ever used plexi-glass). Any how, to my original point. I want to build a driftwood "jungle-Gym" inside because He is destroying my hibiscus tree's I put in there. The local pet store is a major rip off. They want over a $1000 bucks to purchase their driftwood. I live on the beach and have enough driftwood in my front yard to build a Titanic replica. What do I need to do to the wood to treat it so it will not harm my best friend?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Fertile Myrtle

I don't have any tips but I'm sure Toirtis or Lizgirl will be along soon... I just wanted to welcome you to the forum!!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 03:53 PM

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the new cage looks awesome...can't wait to see pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 04:23 PM
bjg

Thanks All.

capnsweets, How's Pittsburgh doing these days? I grew up there but have been on the West coast for 5 years now (My Mill Shut down). I sorta miss it.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 04:26 PM
bjg

Quote:
Originally posted by Toirtis
Depends on the size of the driftwood....smallerpieces can be baked in the oven for a couple of hours at about 180F.
Excellent, Thanks! I hope a kiddie pool will work. They're a bit to big to fit in my bathtub. I have concentrated mite killer too, do you think I should dump some of that in the mix too?

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 01:08 AM

Quote:
capnsweets, How's Pittsburgh doing these days? I grew up there but have been on the West coast for 5 years now (My Mill Shut down). I sorta miss it.
Pittsburgh is doing great. There was a tornado like (They are not calling it a tornado) accident at Kennywood a few months ago, and a woman died while waiting in line for the whip.

The new stadiuims are beautiful. They bulilt up the area by Sandcastle, they put all kinds of Restaurants and a dave and Busters in and they call the area the Waterfront. They are now redoing everything by Station Square, and they put in a hard Rock Cafe!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 02:22 PM
bjg

Awesome, I'v been meaning do visit but I've been awefull busy.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 11:01 PM

i think unless you go and get treated lumber(wich they stopped making anyway)the wood will not hurt him...just make sure there isn't any parasites that could eat at him...there wood in the wild isn't cleansed so it should be okay...however...You can use the strong salty water and it will work well...good luck!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 11:35 PM

to Paw-Talk. It is great to have new reptile posters!

Your cage sounds great BJG! I'm looking forward to pictures.

We used driftwood in our cage and didn't do anything to it. I like Toirt's idea though. We just weren't thinking when we did ours. We checked for ants and other bugs and made sure the wood was dry. It was river driftwood. Keep us posted.

Tags
local pet store, pet store