Buying a Crested Gecko for Christmas! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Buying a Crested Gecko for Christmas!

So, I would love to get some thoughts!

I have read some threads and looked at some BEAUTIFUL pictures of your lil babies, and I am so excited! I had hemmed and hawed on what to get my son for Christmas and then found someone selling crested gecko's locally here, so I am super excited!

I saw the aquariums on end that some of you use, but I was wondering how you get it in and out when you cover it with screening?

Anyone know if you can purchase the CG food online anywhere preferably in Canada? my pet store doesn't carry it.

Thanks!
Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Hello Earthling

Crested geckos make great pets but they do not make good Christmas gifts. I would suggest you wait in till after the holidays to puchase your new gecko so that you will have the time and the gecko will be less stressed.

I suggest that you do a search on here for "crested geckos". I have a thread up displaying my many enclosures for my geckos. The biggest tank has a custom made "door" and the others have normal screen lids with a bit of tape to secure them (don't want my cat knocking them off).

Pangeareptile.com sells crested gecko food but they are Americans.

You could try www.reptilescanada.ca and look in the classifeds they may have some food.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hi!

I appreciate the thought about them not making good christmas gifts but in reality, there is just my little family here at Christmas and not really much in the way of excitement that wouldn't be there no matter when we got it.

I will most definitely keep reading anything I can find on the subject and will be around lots with questions and hopefully pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Welcome!

They make screen tops that come with clips as well as ones that are set up like a sliding door or open partially. One like that is your best bet .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My screen door doesn't have anything keeping it on, but it fits perfectly onto the opening of the tank, so I just open it at the top, kind of bend it out. The tops you can get anywhere really, pet stores and such. If the door is the biggest of your worries, I commend you for your research!

Tags
crested gecko