cameleon - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Post cameleon

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these little guys my husband convinced me to let him have one it will be at our house thursday afternoon and id like to learn about them since hes gone 2 weeks a month ill be the one taking care of it most of the time not that it really bugs me since i wanted a gecko this just works in both our favors . anyways any info would be great thanks.here are pics of the one we are getting its a female i think thats what hubby said and it is hand tamed shes a year old.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
is a little "special"

Awww, she is so pretty!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Betta Bomb

Dunno about them but they're awful cute!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Dunno about them but they're awful cute!!
i thought she was cute to hubby was like can i have a chameleon im like i dunno what that is unless its a pokemon hes like no no its a type of lizard.... im like ummmm cat it eat my cats, can it hurt my kid and will it attack me , hes like no so i said show me the picture lol

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Betta Bomb

LOL I saw one at the "breeder" of Akina's house many years ago. It was smaller than I expected and I just love their eyes!! lol
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

im glad they it wont be huge

By Anonymous
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

have u guys seen there tongues lol i just watched some youtube videos. of them eating its so awsome ^_^

By Anonymous
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They are VERY sensitive. they need an open air cage, not an aquarium type.
Don't handle often, they can stress easily. They need a constant drip of water to drink from and keep humidity up, but don't like being sprayed/misted.

You can actually make a pretty cool cage by putting a tree in a kiddie pool type of container and not have any walls just make sure it can't grab anything around it and it will stay in a tree.

They are short lived lizards only living a few years instead of some that live decades.

All in all they are pretty cool critters. Thats all i know off the top of my head. I can send you a great care sheet if you want.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
They are VERY sensitive. they need an open air cage, not an aquarium type.
Don't handle often, they can stress easily. They need a constant drip of water to drink from and keep humidity up, but don't like being sprayed/misted.

You can actually make a pretty cool cage by putting a tree in a kiddie pool type of container and not have any walls just make sure it can't grab anything around it and it will stay in a tree.

They are short lived lizards only living a few years instead of some that live decades.

All in all they are pretty cool critters. Thats all i know off the top of my head. I can send you a great care sheet if you want.
thanks for the info hubby has had one before but i havent, yes please send me the care sheet uv found it would be much appreciated, appearntly shes coming with a cage but i dont know how well it is if we dont like it hubby said we cna buy her a new one , i think weve decided to name her Cammy but we arent 100% sure yet

By Anonymous
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 PM
is a little "special"

Haha, yeah you NEED to take a video of her eating! That would be so awesome!
Maybe her full name could be Cameron, Cammy for short? That would be so cute! Cameron the Chameleon.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Haha, yeah you NEED to take a video of her eating! That would be so awesome!
Maybe her full name could be Cameron, Cammy for short? That would be so cute! Cameron the Chameleon.
OOH I LOVE THAT! i will definetly suggest that name to hubby

By Anonymous
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

so i got a picture of the terrium today -_- that he sent hubby -_- im definetly buying a new tank tommrow afternoon or friday after my ultrasound

By Anonymous
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Curmudgeon

These are much more difficult to maintain than bearded dragons or most geckos.

They require much more specialized housing and a more precise control of temperature and humidity. The requirements vary somewhat with each species. Many are also rather short lived animals compared to most herps.

I'd suggest you determine which species you are getting, then google up a few care sheets from the internet. There are even some chameleon specific boards that could provide some guidance.

One place I know of is the Chameleon Information Network

Good luck!

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thanks for the info all I know about her is shes a female a year and a half and that shes always been on her own that she is a veil chameleon, i joined another forum as well that for chameleon owners.

By Anonymous
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

This is what her current tank is appearntlyaccording to the guy. but we definetly plan to get a better one, this is the one shes appearntly lived in her whole life....im guessing shes not that big...

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 04-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.