Camille died - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Camille died

My little girl didn't pull out of this final slump. We were feeding her baby food like I posted earlier. Then I decided to take her to the vet we took Brutus to.

I told him her symptoms and how this has reaccured ever since we hibernated her last. From this he assumed that she had the wrong kind of bacteria in her stomach. He gave me medicine to kill the bacteria in her stomach and then gave me medince that would help resetablish the right bacteria in her stomach.

Trevor fed her these medicines and she started getting worse. I called again on Thursday like the doctor had aksed and told him that she wasn't getting better. I didn't hear from him later in the day or on Friday.

Today, Sunday, she was puking and having a difficult time breathing. Trevor let her finish and then tried to feed her baby food again. He quit feeding her the medicine on Friday. She didn't swollow the baby food and she was struggling to breath. He put her back in the cage under the heat lamp and then she just gave up.

I cried for quite a while this morning before we went to church. I am on the worship team and didn't want to keep crying so I composed myself before going into practice. I did okay during practice and then Trevor asked me if I had told my friend. That was it and I was in tears again. During worship I did okay. I was finally able to thank God for the time he had given me with her and able to picture her in His hand leaping to his shoulder and Him taking care of her. I think that He created everything to live for eternity before we messed everything up, so I believe that I will be able to see her again.

I just feel bad. I feel like she may have pulled out of this again if we had only not given her this new medicine, but who knows. I know that it is probably hard to diagnose lizards unless you look at their fecal matter or do other tests. I don't fault the vet, but I still miss her.

Toit, do you know how long Collared Lizards usually live? Just curious. Camille was proably around 5 years old.

Last edited by Lizgirl; 08-18-2002 at 10:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 10:31 PM

I'm sorry that is really is sad!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 10:55 PM

Liz, I am so sorry you lost Camille! I know your heart must be aching! I hope your pain eases as time heals you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 11:55 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am sorry for your loss.I know it is hard to lose a pet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 08:58 AM
buny2phat

Lizgirl I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know it must be hard to loss a loved one. :sadspin:

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 09:48 AM

Liz, I am so sorry to hear about Camille.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 10:19 AM
Fertile Myrtle

My heart goes out to you hun.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm sorry to hear about Camille. Just keep that picture in your mind, and remember she's not suffering any longer. If you need anything ....

Stephanie

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I am doing better. I still miss her. I feel for little Clayton who now has the cage all to himself. We are thinking of getting another pair of lizards that would be compatible with Clayton. Leopard lizards are what we are thinking right now.

Toirt,
I went to this vet because he was reccomended to me from another reptile vet. I also know that this vet works with the animals at the local zoo. Your info helps though because they have both shown signs of ageing. Clayton jumps and lands on his back often. He never used to do this. One gets used to having their pets around. We forget that their life spans are often shorter than ours. Knowing that they usually live 4-6 years helps me to prepare myself for the inevitible.