crested gecko questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question crested gecko questions

i already posted this in another forum but i think i should have posted it here. i recently got a 29 gallon tank for my crested gecko. theres now room for another. first of all is it ok to get her a friend? I guess i wont get a male because, i realy dont want to risk anything, even if i meant to breed them. I was just woundering if i could get any tips for her, or anything you know about crested geckos =-). i looked things up on sites but the all said different things so id trust it more comeing from here =-)

I dont know how to create a link so my other thread is in the reptiles and amphibians forum. its called "crested gecko questions!" so if you wanna read that one, it says a little more then this.

Thanks!
-steph-

RIP Midnight haveing you in the family for 9 years was so much fun
RIP Ben you were such a nice rat
RIP Nipsie, my panda bear hamster, you lived 3 1/2 awesome years

2 chinchillas
1 crested gecko
3 cats
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 fishtanks

5 rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 AM
Adolescent Pup

As long as the other crestie is about the same size and healthy after a 5 day quarantine in another tank I would say it would be fine.

2.1.1 Iguanas
1.2.0 Cats
2.3.0 Puppies
0.1.0 Dogs
1.1.0 Parakeets
1.0.0 Cockatiel
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons
1.1.0 Red-eared Sliders
0.0.1 Razorback Musk
0.0.1 Florida Pink-belly
0.0.1 Southern Painted
0.0.1 Mississippi Map
3.1.0 Ferrets
1.0.0 Ball Python
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I've always believed and heard from others that it is necessary to quarantine animals from a different source for at least 4-6 weeks, other than that, another female of the same size will be fine. In fact in an enclosure that size you could probably do three as long as there were enough climbing branches and hiding spots. The big thing is to feed them lots of crested gecko diet. This diet is specially forumlated for them. It can be supplemented with baby food fruit and insects, but the diet should be most of what the crestie eats. Some folks are still recommending an almost entirely baby food fruit diet, which has been shown to cause obesity and MBD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

cool, The one thing about this tho is I cant find any cresties anywhere, Ive checked all the petstores around me, even rescues.

RIP Midnight haveing you in the family for 9 years was so much fun
RIP Ben you were such a nice rat
RIP Nipsie, my panda bear hamster, you lived 3 1/2 awesome years

2 chinchillas
1 crested gecko
3 cats

2 dogs

2 fishtanks

5 rats

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My sister has some she's selling. I can see if she's willing to ship. She has some really nice proven breeders though so if you're not picky about their age or appearance you probably could find some cheaper. They're all over the classifieds at kingsnake.com

Tags
crested gecko