Cricket Sacrifice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Cricket Sacrifice

Cricker sacrifice to the gecko gods!!!! Yum, yum delicious.

Picked up 50 crickets yesterday and Tiny, Bertha and Lewis chowed down while Stanford ate one, JESUS ate a drum stick and Ham and Tink just ate some inner-eds.

I now have a box of cricket in my room which isn't really what I want so they'll be getting some more soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM2373V1XUs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 02:54 PM
is a little "special"

Thats so cute! They arent very enthusiasic though, are they? LOL, Im just used to seeing Wink do a face drive for his crickets, and practically swallow them whole.
I feel your pain, I have 50 crickets in my room that chirp so loud I cant even hear myself think! I enjoy seeing them die at this point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Tiny lunges for them, Lewis needs then dangled in front of him and Bertha lunges also but not having enthusiastically.

I have the crickets in a sealed box, so no smell and no chirping!!! Of course I open the box when I walk by to give them some air.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 04:38 PM
is a little "special"

Wink eats the adult ones now, and it drives me crazy! Im working on switching him to supers, so hopefully I wont have to deal with them much longer.
Be careful with a sealed box though- I forgot exactly what it is, but some kind of chemicals in dead crickets will kill off all the rest if they have bad air circulation. So its important to keep them warm and have good air circulation if your planning on keeping them alive for a couple days.
I just keep mine in a spare 5 gal tank with a screen lid and a heat pad, and I hardly ever lose any.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 04:47 PM
RAT ADDICT

Nice video...I also subscribed.

I remember back when I had geckos and kept crickets...man,those things stink.I didn't mind the chirping though.It used to drive my ex nuts though!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Yeah I know about them all dying off which is why I open the box a lot. I just have a fear of them escaping.

Thanks

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:23 PM
is a little "special"

Yeah, I find that all over my house LOL A couple weeks ago, they made a mass jail break and Im STILL finding them. They like to hide in my hermit crabs tank the best LOL! Its warm and humid though I guess

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Yeah, I find that all over my house LOL A couple weeks ago, they made a mass jail break and Im STILL finding them. They like to hide in my hermit crabs tank the best LOL! Its warm and humid though I guess

Exactly wha I don't want happening.....

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Well I just fed the geckos some more crickets. I figured out that the small geckos like to eat cricket butts, so I have to cut the cricket in half and feed them just the butt portion while the rest of the cricket continues to walk about because it refuses to die.

I threw out about 10 crickets into the green bin because they were starting to die and will be dead in the next few days.

More crickets next month.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 09:20 PM
RAT ADDICT

When I had geckos and turtles I decided to make a mass order and stupidly ordered 500 crickets! I had two geckos and one turtle at the time,I did not need that many crickets!!!

Well of course I had many escapes and it was funny,some of them somehow got outside (probably through the open window) and during the night when you went out,you could hear crickets chirping.It was neat,since Newfoundland (at least St.Johns) do not have crickets in the wild.But this was in the summer and they survived the summer and it was really nice being out in the night listening to them!

But I did learn my lesson and never again will I order so many crickets.I had alot of trouble trying to keep them contained...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

They use to get out all the time when I had a leopard gecko.... thankfully none got out this time.