Crickets...yummy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Smile Crickets...yummy

Geeze, I better give Ira's mom her camera back soon or I'm gonna drive everyone nuts

I got some good eating pics!
Cricket 1;

Blurry, but an action shot (that's her tounge going for cricket 2) Going, going...

Gone! :frogg:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Cool!

I used to have an iguana and it was pretty cool watching him get the crickets. :cool:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Great shots Becki!! omg!! That Chameleon is sooo cool!! You must be having a blast with her.
I have always wanted a "lizard" of some kind but I don't know the first thing about taking care of them.
How many times a day do you feed her? What kind of set-up does she live in? Does she need artificial light?
Can you handle her?
OK- enough questions, before I drive you wonky

[center]

[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Hehehe, I could talk about her all day! I can handle her, but from what I read they don't particularly like being handled. She doesn't seem to care either way. Today I fed her 3 time but that was just because I didn't know how much she would eat. She gets a 'reptisun' light for UV and a heat lamp for basking, when it's a little cooler I'll take her outside for real light. For the moment she's in an aquarium, she shouldn't be but we were expecting a tiny baby so I have a big net/mesh reptarium on order for her. Thankfully she seems to be doing just fine in there, you aren't supposed to keep them in glass enclosures because they're hard to keep ventilated and they're very territorial so they might fight with thier reflection. I was going to get a chameleon a few months ago, but I kind of got jumped on for starting out with a chameleon and not something easier, so I've spent the last couple months reading up. They are such interesting creatures! When I was looking around online I found some that were blue! So pretty!

Scarlette, you fed your iguana crickets?! I bet that was fun to watch!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 09:04 AM

Becki! I can't see the pics!! Is it me??
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

not you Jodi, her server may be having problems.

Have you named her yet Becki? and who is expecting a baby? the chamelion I am assuming??
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 01:10 PM

Scarlette, I have to jump in and say that iguanas should not eat crickets. They can and may but it is not good for their kidneys. Animal protein in an iguana's diet causes kidney failure. I'm sure a few won't hurt as an occaisonal snack, but it is better to not feed them crickets at all.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Liz, I don't think Scarlette has her iguana anymore (good info to know though, I didn't know that).

Fsty, You scared me! I was like NOOOO babies!!! I had to read through twice to see what you meant, lol. I meant that we were going to get a baby chameleon but wound up with a juvenile instead (still no name). It would Hehe I get scared if people even mention babies
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 01:44 PM

Wow she is neat looking. You have to fuind a really fab name for her. Like Guacamole! Shee is a cute little cricket destroying monster!