Dont know what to do - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Dont know what to do

I am a new leopard gecko owner and i have had him about 3 weeks. love him to death. I have a under tank heater a red light for more warmth, the pet store says that they can't see red so it wont hurt their eyes. He always stays on the warm side and in one of his hides. I have a hide on both sides and a humid box. What do i do? I know its supposed to be around 80 in the tank but my thermometer says 73 how do i get it warmer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Adolescent Pup

probably its because you are taking the air temp not the ground temp. make sure the probe of the thermometer is touch to the substrate you will have a more akurate temp because thats what the gecko feels. if its still too cold then thin out the substate if you can and if that dont work you just have to buy a more power under tank heater. if hes eating and poop well he must have a somwhat ok temp because leos cant digest if its too cool. it the winter now(unless you in the suthern hemisfere?)
so whenthe wether get more warm then he will probably hang out in the cool side more. and leopard geckos are colourblind so they cant see red but what the petstore say is that infared light they cant see so too them it look dark.
and congrats on your new leo make sure to post pics!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Cool

Omg!! Life is getting better for petry!! Thanks a lot for all your advise. I got reptile carpet and he loves it. Walking all around his tank and exploring! Eating everyday. When I walk up to the tank he comes out of his hide and comes right up to me like he is saying hi. I love it and I am having a blast. Dont think I could live without one now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That's great to hear!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
gecko