Photos! Dud uses his IMAGINATION :P - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Talking Dud uses his IMAGINATION :P

Picture time!!

LOL, as I discovered yesterday, bearded dragons do indeed have a wonderful little imagination. I took Dud out and removed all his things to clean his viv, and I set his basking platform on the ground. As soon as he saw it, he ran over, climbed to the top... and started gaping! He just glared at me like "WHERE DID WARMNESS GO?! It was JUST here a second ago, I swear..."
Isn't that funny that he remembers which decoration he uses for basking, and that he expects it to still be warm?!

Smudge wants to be a basking beardie too:

Cuteness! Smudge was very carefully examining Dudley, but Dud was annoyed and hissed at him LOL. He hates being touched excessively.

Dudley also got a new "toy"... I digging box! I wanted to give him something safe to dig in, so I decided to try alfalfa pellets. He loves it! And be the looks of it, I won't have to worry about impaction: He ate one that rolled across the floor of his viv, and promptly (dramatically) spat in out and stared at it in disgust for a few seconds before walking away. LOL. I got him a new pan instead of the glass one, but I forgot to take a pic of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Other random pics...

This is morning Dudley.

Face shed Dudley.

Happy I-just-completed-a-cricket-massacre Dudley.

And Dudley's beautiful salad! A few weeks ago I planted endives and collard, mustard, and turnip greens. I have millions of teeny tiny midget sprouts, and Dud absolutely LOVES them! Like, I usually shop up squash and stuff too for his salad, but he picks around it and ONLY eats the greens! I never thought I would see this day.

Enjoy!

I also bought him 2 horn worms today, so I will post a video of him eating them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Last edited by Jess; 06-25-2011 at 04:43 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i LOVE the photo where his mouth is open the first one with his head tilted like hey somethings wrong here wheres the warmth lol but i adore the one where his head is titled and his mouth is closed and he looks mad, like seriously where did you put it rofl

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Adolescent Pup

I love the picture of him just flopped in that dish with his face lookin all fat XD he looks so lazy and happy.
My friend kim thinks she may get a beardie in the next few years after her degus are gone =o i showed her these pics and she just loved dudley XD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Ha, that's funny that he recognized his basking rock!

He's adorable as always . And spoiled!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks everyone! I love his "basking" pictures too... He gives the best stink-eye, doesn't he?!

I just fed him a wormie, and he swallowed it whole! It was a good 3" long too! I'll post the video soon.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Adolescent Pup

lol nice i got a video of ickis wiggling her tail before diving on a cricket one day =o i wonder how you put videos on here..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Betta Bomb

OMG Jess!! Every time I see duds I love him more and more. He'd be a riot to meet! lol Seeing Smudge compared to the basking rock, how big is Dudley's viv thing? Man your room must be giant!

He has such expression! ^^
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Cute! I love the little Leo tail wiggle!
And you can upload them to Photobucket and them post the IMG code. That's what I do.

LOL Amanda, I have the smallest bedroom in my house! It's like a 8' x 8' square. I actually had to get rid of my dresser to fit Dud's viv in there (My clothes are in storage bins under my bed... ). I also have a utility shelf for Squishy and the hermies and a bed for myself. But that's all that will fit.
Hehe, everyone loves Dudley when I bring him to the petstores and stuff with me. He's a good little dude.