Dudleys Fake Rock Sculture Thread! :D - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Talking Dudleys Fake Rock Sculture Thread! :D

Ive started making some fake rock decorations for Dudleys viv! Im pretty excited. Im making 2 or them: One will be a big basking platform for the hot side, and the other will be a cave and platform for the cool side. All it is right now is chunks of styrofoam hot glued together, but its already looking pretty cool LOL. I was going to finish sculpting it with Great Stuff last night, but I discovered that my van expired 7 years ago, LOL. Soooo I got some new Great Stuff and some sanded and non-sanded grout today. Ill post some pics either tonight or tommorrow once I get the Great Stuff on it!

I cant wait for it to be done! Im re-doing Dudleys whole viv, with the new decorations, a rreally pretty new desert background, and Ill get some slate or sand stone tiles cut to fit in his viv.

This is basically what happens when I get bored. I obsessively re-do me cages, LOL. Dudley will sure be in for a suprise once he wakes up from brumation!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Looking forward to pics! I always make stuff like that for my geckos too. I have a ton of Styrofoam sitting in my closet that I've been meaning to use to make them stuff for awhile now. I think I'll make them some new hides or something for Christmas.

Be careful with the Great Stuff! I got it all over my hands one time, and it took forever for it all to wear off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Michelle, you should post pics of what you have made!

Here is what Ive got so far:

Theo decided to test it out too, LOL

Im all ready to grout it once the Great Stuff is done shrinking. Im soooo excited!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Hello Earthling

Looks great

Great Stuff is so exciting to use

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

I KNOW! That was seriously the most fun Ive had all week, LMAO! Its like squirting whipped cream everywhere that eventually expands and hardens.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

I always buy my cage decorations, because I do an awful job at making things. The only thing that I'm going to attempt to build is a larger cage for my guinea pig.

Last edited by urofan; 11-20-2010 at 08:19 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I KNOW! That was seriously the most fun Ive had all week, LMAO! Its like squirting whipped cream everywhere that eventually expands and hardens.

Did you mange to get any on you?

I got it in my hair and on my arm....

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

I got some in my hair, a little on my arm, and some on my moms hardwood floor too XD Needless to say, she was not pleased.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I got some in my hair, a little on my arm, and some on my moms hardwood floor too XD Needless to say, she was not pleased.

I did mine in the garage I think there is still some foam....

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Its too cold out to do it in the garage anymore, LOL.