Photos! Dudley's New Friend! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Talking Dudley's New Friend!

It turns out that someone on the beardie forum I'm on only lives 30 minutes away from me, so I'm beardie-sitting for her! So, Dudley's new friend is an 11 month old beardie names Sarth. Dudley just started brumating, so he is basically in a comatose state right now and is much more interested in sleeping than head bobbing Sarth. The only time he got worked up over Sarth was when I held him up to Dud's cage, cause Dud has to defend his territory LOL.

Oh, and in exchange for beardie-sitting, Sarth's mom is giving me some Dubia roaches!

So here are some pics of them!

I'll start off with Dudley:

My little fatty weighing in at 549 grams! He doesn't even look guilty, LOL.

His favorite activity: Sleeping.

The boys being wrapped up for some cuddle time! (Sarth is on the left, Dud is on the right... If you can't tell LOL) Check out the death-glare I'm receiving.

Sarth got really mad at me when I was trying to feed him his roaches! I guess I'm unworthy of touching his precious buggies.

Chillin' on top of his hut.

I wanted to do a size comparison of the two, and it looks like they are around the same length!

They seem to get along outside of their cages, but when Dudley saw Sarth from inside his cage he started black bearding and head bobbed a couple times. I think he was realizing that he's being (temporarily) replaced with a younger non-brumating model!

"But look at this face! I'm irresistible!!"

"If I give you kisses, will you keep me?!"

Sarth went to bed, and he was watching me through his window. He's so adorable! I was holding him while I was watching TV, and he snuggled up on my shoulder and tried to dig LOL. I don't want to give him back!

And finally... Dudley eating a big male dubia!! :mrgreen: You can hear it crunch in the video. Yummm.
I had been chasing the darn thing around Dud's viv for a good 5 minutes when I took this video, so I decided talking to the roach would obviously coax if from its hiding place. I AM NORMAL.I think dubia roaches are part ninja. They are EVIL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Betta Bomb

omg that's so cool!! So explain to me why they make black beards?? Is that a territorial thing? Like a poofy betta? And they don't fight if just stuck together outside the viv? So I guess you have Sarth's viv from his owner? Omg! Can you imagine keeping the two of them!!?!?!?

That bug crunching delish vid, great job! The gut on him, "he's not even guilty" made me lol
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Playful Pup

Your bearded dragons are beautiful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All Pets Forum -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks guys!

@Purple-Hops: Yup, black bearding and head bobbing are displays of dominance, so it's pretty much the same as a poofy betta! Beardies will fight so they shouldn't be housed together, but Dud is pretty laid back so he doesn't seem to mind other beardies... Unless they come near his cage! He actually used to be housed with a female beardie before I adopted him, so I think he is used to them.
I didn't have the space for Sarth's 4x2x2 viv, so he is borrowing Dudley's old 40 gallon while he is here.

I would LOVE another beardie or lizard of some sort, but my mom doesn't exactly share my enthusiasm LOL!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Betta Bomb

It's nice that fat ol' Dudders is so genteel. He must know that his *ahem* heftiness will win you over in any cuteness battle!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Playful Pup

Have a question is this hard to keep these cute bearded dragons? actually I dont know anything about these gys
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Depends on what you consider hard LOL. They need special lighting (UVB lights and such), you need fairly high temperatures for them, lots of space, and they are omnivores so you need to have veggies and insects around at all time. If you're up to caring for them, they make amazing pets! Check out this website for some more info on them: www.beardeddragon.org
I'm a member on there too, and my name is Jess.