Photos! Dudley's Viv Makeover! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Talking Dudley's Viv Makeover!

Thought it was about time I shared pics of this.
I made his basking platform! I'm rather pround of it, but it has its flaws. Today, a superworm managed to crawl into a tiny hole in the sculpture, and never came out... So now I have this lovely dead superworm that will rot within my sculpture for the rest of eternity. Yay.
Since I took these pics, I Velcroed his therm to the wall because he was abusing it, and I got him a cute little desert plant. Petstores are SO overpriced when it comes to plants. You can get the same thing at Micheals for $2. I got one that has 2 little plants "planted" into a realistic looking rock. It was only $4.80 with a coupon!

Dudley would also like to share his Man Purse with everyone.

It also happens to be a great place for naps, apparently.

He found a new friend too. Which one isn't like the others? Haha!

And just though this one was funny!

And here is the other rock thing I made, but his viv would be too crowded with both of them in there IMO.

Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Last edited by Jess; 02-02-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Very cool. The rocks you made came out great Ah I had a super worm get into one of mine before too! Apparently it was eating it's way though the Styrofoam because I kept finding styrofoam dust in my tank and couldn't figure out why. I took it out and investigated and I found a superworm had made a little tunnel inside part of the styrofoam.

I love Dudleys man purse, lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks! I had a few issues with these rocks, so I'm hoping the next ones I make turn out better LOL.

Ugh, those supers are SO nasty! They enjoy eating shelf liner, reptile carpet, and the sealing on my tank too. I think I'm going to seal it in the whole so it bakes (its right by the basking spot) and dies... I don't want it chewing its way out too!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

so pretty

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

A lot of people wouldn't spoil a lizard because they figure it doesn't make a difference - figure they don't really care. You're definitely a special case, It looks like he adores it. The purse pictures are adorable.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That looks really nice, I love the rocks . They came out really well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickeringHope View Post
A lot of people wouldn't spoil a lizard because they figure it doesn't make a difference - figure they don't really care. You're definitely a special case, It looks like he adores it. The purse pictures are adorable.
This reminds me of when I got my Kenyan sand boa. A lot of people (and websites) said not to bother with decorations or anything. Apparently the snake wouldn't climb or explore and just stay buried 24-7. While I certainly agree that they spend most of their time hiding, I think they do benefit from an interesting environment. I got mine some cholla wood and she was immediately climbing it (care sheets would make you believe they don't climb at all!) and it's now one of her favorite places to hang out .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

My fiance has had this argument with his uncle - his uncle argued that reptiles don't have personalities, and would probably be among the norm that say don't bother with decorations, my fiance disagreed and says they do. I sure as heck think so, I sure as heck think they appreciate the extra effort gone into making their habitat pleasurable!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks everyone!

I try to make all of my pet's cages rather interesting... I mean, I wouldn't want ot live in a boring, plain little box, so why should they?
People who say that they don't enjoy climbing around, exploring, ect have probably never even given their reptiles the option!
I've noticed that Dudley is a lot more active when his viv is more interesting too. When I first got him, it was hard to find decorations big enough for him, so there wasn't much in his viv and he wasn't very active. He has been a LOT more active since I put his new stuff in though.

They all have very different personalities too, anyone who says they don't has obviously never had one. They have favorite colors (Dudley goes nuts over anything that is red), foods they love and foods they hate, different activities they like... They even prefer to be with certain people.