LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Question Food

Sweetpotatoes .. cooked or uncooked??

oh .. and is cabbage alright to eat ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 03:54 PM

Cabbage is a no,no. Sweet Potato I believe is okay in moderation. The imporant thing is to give reptiles a lot of calcium hence leafy greans such as dandelion greens and collard greens. We also use alfalfa pellets as a staple.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I found that out right after I posted that message! Sweetpotatoes, squash and yams are all good for adding bulk weight to an iguana I also know that .. I just wasn't sure if they prefered it cooked or uncooked .... I cooked some and Iglue, Baby and Butch LOVED it! I feed A LOT of dandilions in summer and the darker greens bought in the winter more .. I mix it up alot! We make our own food in the blender using some fruits and a lot of veggies ... vitamins to replace thiamine (spell?) lost when freezing .. and then freeze it ... then I hunk it up and put it in with the greens froze ... they like it that way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 08:31 PM

Two halloweens ago, I bought a gigantic pumpkin. That is the way I celebrate halloween. I carved the pumkin in front of Isaac's cage on the floor because it was the easiest place to do it. As soon as he saw it, he wanted it. It was funny and amazing. He just chowed down. We had to watch and be careful that he did not eat too much and suffocate himself or gag. You know how stringy pumpkins can be. Now feeding Isaac the traditional haloween pumpkin inards is a tradition.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

that's funny ... Iglue was around at Halloween ... and I gave him a little bit of the inards .. he wasn't sure but he ate some ... I'll have to try it now that he's older (he seems to like different things)

Tags
collard greens, dandelion greens