Photos! Gots me an Exo Terra!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Gots me an Exo Terra!!

Oh yeah!! After years of waiting for one I finally got an Exo Terra glass terrarium!!!

Just picked it up today with some accesories (heat light, cricket keeper etc...) for $20.00 which is a steal!!!

Cleaned it and moved Huebert in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 07:11 PM
is a little "special"

Wow, how did you get one that cheap?! Craigslist?
It looks awesome! I bet Huebert loves it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Wow, how did you get one that cheap?! Craigslist?
It looks awesome! I bet Huebert loves it!

I got it off Kijiji, I was so surprised when my mom called for it and it was still available.

I still need to get some more foliage from the $1.25 store and find a replacement top for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Okay - I must know..what's so super awesome about an Exo Terra?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickeringHope View Post
Okay - I must know..what's so super awesome about an Exo Terra?

They just look good and are specifically designed for reptiles.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Before you were using up-turned 10 gallon tanks, right? or am I thinking of someone else here..
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
is a little "special"

Yeah, Im pretty sure she was.
AND the Exo Terras have front opening doors, which you can only truly appreciate once your a reptile lover LOL... I want one SO bad for Wink, but the 40 gal and bigger ones are REALLY expensive. :[

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickeringHope View Post
Before you were using up-turned 10 gallon tanks, right? or am I thinking of someone else here..
I still do use normal glass aquariums turned on end to make them tall since crested and gargoyle geckos are arboreal and prefer taller enclosures as opposed to wide. I also use modified storage totes and tubs.

What I really want to do is get enclosures that are all the same shape etc... so I get better fit things into my room.

Quote:
Yeah, Im pretty sure she was.
AND the Exo Terras have front opening doors, which you can only truly appreciate once your a reptile lover LOL... I want one SO bad for Wink, but the 40 gal and bigger ones are REALLY expensive. :[

I wanted to get one for Cheerios but they are so expensive as you said, but here in Canada its even more (isn't everything more in Canada compared to the States though??). I was also warned about the screen top's tendency to droop.

You should think about building Wink an enclosure spo much cheaper and your could make it as big as you like.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 05:48 PM
is a little "special"

If I got one, Id just take the top off... Ive heard from other beardie owners that theyre kinda cheap/flimsy, and it would never survive the wrath of my heat lamps.
I want to make a custom one, but Im not too handy with tools and stuff LOL. Ive been keeping my eye out for an old dresser (with the drawers removed) or book shelf that are the right dimensions though, since that would be easier to biuld one from than from scratch.
A potential summer project I guess LOL.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Quote:
If I got one, Id just take the top off... Ive heard from other beardie owners that theyre kinda cheap/flimsy, and it would never survive the wrath of my heat lamps.
I want to make a custom one, but Im not too handy with tools and stuff LOL. Ive been keeping my eye out for an old dresser (with the drawers removed) or book shelf that are the right dimensions though, since that would be easier to biuld one from than from scratch.
A potential summer project I guess LOL.

A fun summer project!! Good luck!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Day time pictures