Green Iguana Help!?!?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Green Iguana Help!?!?!

I got this iguana from a roommate that didn't want him anymore and was going to just throw him outside in the cold but I built him a cage put some thick logs in there so he could climb havn't got much trees for him to hide in but I got a UV light hanging from above. I mist him twice a day and he is still not eating. I heard i was suppose to get him a heat rock but then i also heard they were bad for them. He's just a baby iguana not sur ehow old but maybe about 5 or 6 months and i give him different greens and vegies but still doesn't eat. And now hes got like flaking around his mouth idk what that could be from either? If anybody could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Hello Earthling

I don;t know anything about iguanas but Kendelle should be able to help you more.

What I do know is NEVER USE HEAT ROCKS WITH ANYTHING they can seriously harm for pet.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

well then whos kendelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

thats me!

NEVER get a heat rock, iguana's aren't like desert liz's like bearded dragons, they don't heat from under only from the top. so they will sit there until their skin cooks.

you need a UVB bulb not a UVA or a UV light, like a mega ray florescent bulb or a sun ray from zoomed. you can find them in any pet store that sells lizard stuff... make sure its UVB i can't stress that enough

If you haven't had had him very long they may not eat for a few days out of stubborness

just keep putting it in there and see what your roommate was feeding it, if it was only fed pellets or something it may be confused yet and you can sprinkle the old food on it and then weed it out, but if its bad stuff like meat or cheese don't keep giving it, just keep putting in the proper things

you may have to take it to the vet for a full check out if it doesn't eat in a 5 or 6 days

you should get the book the ultimate owners manual for green iguana's by mark z hatierfield it is the best book

the flaking could be shedding, but it needs to see the vet for sure, it is common for MBD and Mouth rot in ig's that haven't been taken care of

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

any updates?

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
iguana eating help