Photos! Haku & Aurora - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Haku & Aurora

Poor Haku scraped his tail up really bad a few weeks ago trying to escape from his tank. It's healing well now. I've been working on his tank though, because I needed to take the tall decorations I had in there out so that he can't get to the top of the tank again.

I've been working on making him a rock platform with Styrofoam and grout. I just put the sealer on the grout this morning, so it should be ready soon! I made a low platform with stairs and everything, so when I put it in the tank it will be like the tank has two floors. I'm not sure if they'll even use it, but it was fun to make either way.

I also moved the tank into the same room that the bunnies are in. I have a bureau in there that I put the tank on top of, because the desk they where on is old and wasn't as stable and we wanted to take it down.

Anyways while I'm waiting to be able to move them, I took some pictures of the lizards!

Here's Haku, with his poor scraped up tail. I know it looks bad, but it's actually a loooot better than it was when it first happened.

And here's Aurora. I'm not even sure if I ever posted pictures of her here before, but that's her in my avatar. I love the pattern on her face.

And of course like always, here's Kit to steal the show!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Hello Earthling

Awesome!!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Beautiful geckos!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Im not usually a reptile fan but yours are definitely cute I like aurora best ^_^

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Very cool! I love the colors!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I definitely like Aurora's colors the best, too. They're both adorable, though.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone!

People always say they like Aurora best when I show pictures. She's very pretty (I think) and more photogenic. But Haku is so much calmer than she is. She's actually kind of a brat and hates being handled, where Haku is very calm and easy to handle. Either way, I barely ever handle them for long so when I do it's a good time to get new pictures

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
RAT ADDICT

Beautiful! I miss my leos.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thank you! They are cool pets, pretty low maintenance and I have fun setting up their tank for them and stuff.

What happened to your geckos VanillaRat? That's okay if you don't want to answer, I just don't remember ever seeing you post about what happened to them but I think I remember you mentioning you didn't have them anymore. I remember you use to have two of them right?

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 05:12 PM
is a little "special"

They are SO cute!
I want a leo really really bad... They have the best little faces. My mom said I could get one if I traded Wink in LOL.
I especially love Hakus face- He looks so pudgey and chilled out!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks! I'll have to tell Haku that he has a fan!

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain View Post
What happened to your geckos VanillaRat? That's okay if you don't want to answer, I just don't remember ever seeing you post about what happened to them but I think I remember you mentioning you didn't have them anymore. I remember you use to have two of them right?
I am sure I mentioned it here.It was back in 2008 I believe,awhile ago anyway.I had to re-home them because there was no source of live food around anymore.Not near me.The place I was buying my live food never had any anymore and I could not find anywhere that had live food.The only place I knew of was a HORRIBLE pet store which I boycotted,but not only that they were two buses away from me...so it was out of the way.And I was buying from Canadian Feeders for awhile.,but they changed a lot and I was less then impressed with my last service and the bugs.

I gave my geckos to a small reptile rescue here and I do regret it now.Because there is a guy here now that breeds his own feeders and charges good prices for them...I wish I knew of him before I gave them up.......I miss them.And yeah,I had two.

Anyway sorry for hi-jacking.I just got caught up in the moment.

* Lisa *

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Aww that's okay. You probably did post it but I must have missed it. That's too bad you had to rehome them, but it's understandable. I was kind of having the same problem finding feeders, since I won't shop at most of the pet stores that are close to me. I started breeding my own feeders for them, but I don't really have the hang of it yet, so I have still been ordering some stuff online so they don't run out of food. Shipping is expensive though, so I'm hoping eventually I can get the bug breeding down well enough that I won't have to buy bugs anymore.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
RAT ADDICT

Breeding feeders would be great if you are successful.I never attempted breeding my own,but my mealworms and superworms would breed (the beetles I mean) and sometimes I would have some,but I never attempted doing it myself.If I ever get another reptile or my scorpion/tarantula I want,I am going to try breeding my own,so I won't have another incident like I had with the geckos.There is a guy here now who breeds and supplies too,so I shouldn't have problems...anyway,I am not planning on getting anything right now,so I don't have to worry about it right now.

I will just admire everyone else's for now.

* Lisa *