Hello Everyone - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I am new to this group. I have posted in the dog section with some pictures. I am going to be posting also in the bird, cat, and fish sections

I have 2 fattail geckos. They are about 5 years old. Pictues to come in the near future. I have tried to breed them but it has not gone well. My female will lay her eggs, I but them in the incubator, follow everything that I have found on the web but no babies. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Val

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

My Pets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bird
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jack & Jill
35 Gal. Freshwater
Shmily, Pinky, and Rusty
Squeek

2 Fattail Geckos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Newborn Pup

What is happening with the eggs? Do they collapse?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Yes they collapse. When I incubate them the temp is right and I place the eggs in a cup with vermiculite(sp)and enough water to keep the soil moist and water in the bottom of tray for humidity. It is just about time for her to lay eggs again (spring) and I would like to try to get it to work this time.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

My Pets

Bird
Jack & Jill
35 Gal. Freshwater
Shmily, Pinky, and Rusty
Squeek

2 Fattail Geckos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Playful Pup

samthing that happend with my leopard geckos the first time mine layed eggs only 1 out of 12 survived i am guessing that it was the medium(vermiculite) bcause i used vermiculite for the first 5 clutches but on the last one of the season i used perlite it is much better and in my oppinion keeps moisture in better than vermiculite but the problem with my geckos could have also been just beccause it was their first time but the sum this all up i recomend that u use perlite

Tags
lay eggs, leopard gecko