help with my aggressive iguana PLEASE !!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
azz
Newborn Pup

help with my aggressive iguana PLEASE !!!!!!!

Hi Peeps
I Currently Have 2 Male Iguanas, {brothers} And They Are Both 2 Yrs Old ,3 This October ,but The Biggest Out The 2 Is Very Aggressive Towards Me. He Wips And Even Attemps To Bite And Hates Me Picking Him Up. Does Any One Have Any Valuble Info Or Tips To Help Me ????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

what size inclosure do you have them in, its hard to tame things like lizards and birds if you have them with another of their species

You shouldn't try and pick them up from above that scares them and they will tail whip you... if you don't have their trust yet they will tail whip.

You need to interact with him one on one alot more often... every day

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
azz
Newborn Pup

My Tank Is 6 + Half Ft Long, 5 + Half Ft High And 3 Ft Wide And Both Ig,s Are About 1 + Half Ft May Be Just Over [the Bigger Of The 2]. I Think I Need To Split Them ,find A Responsible Home For 1 [mischief] And Then Dedicate My Self To The Other [trouble] And Then See How Aggressive He His. He Really Is Aggressive But I Will Not Get Rid Of Him ,all My Friends Say To Keep The Taimer 1 But I Cant ,i Love The Aggressive 1 To Much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
azz
Newborn Pup

is it possible to have my iguana castrated ?????? does or would it help calm my beast ?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

um i know you can get them spayed i assume you can get them castrated but that is very risky to put reptiles to sleep...

Plus i don't think you are dealing with hormonal issues really. are you sure they are even males? most hormonal aggression is in mating season only. if its all the time i would say thats not your problem.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
azz
Newborn Pup

they are both male 100%. i was just thinking that if it calms dogs down [castration] may be my iguana ????????? hows ur bonding going with ur ig ??????
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
azz
Newborn Pup

Talking

love the pics of kermit !
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Herp Nerd

From what I've read about those who have had their iguanas castrated (it isn't the same procedure as neutering a dog), it has little or no effect on their natural territorial defensiveness, which is undoubtedly being exacerbated by having two males in close proximity. If they were split up, in separate enclosures where they could not see to intimidate one another, nor compete constantly for basking spots and food, it would probably help... but that is definitely no guarantee. Many iguanas are just like this, and they are very slow and stubborn to change behaviors which they've learned over a period of time. All you can do is be patient, and work with them as much as possible. Getting into a routine that they can learn, and slowly become accustomed to.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Newborn Pup

whats casterating
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

removing their man parts. Iguanas don't normally get it done as it is very risky and nothing gets helped from it.

[/CENTER]