Heres my chinese water dragon, Narq! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Talking Heres my chinese water dragon, Narq!

Here is narq posing for the camera

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 02:32 PM
Loopy AppleNose

Wow! That is a thing of beauty! So, do you like reptiles, too?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

Currently reading: Light in August by William Faulkner
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Home Sweet Home

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Here he is acting like hes good.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 03:02 PM

Rocheal, that last comment is oh so true. Lizards can look so innocent, but they can also get into so much troble.

I like the looks of your set-up. How big is the aquarium? I've heard that these guys can get up and run on their hind legs if you give them enough room.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 03:26 PM

He's awesome! Gosh I wish I could have a lizard!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 04:37 PM

Wow, he's pretty! Nice setup too. Is he gonna get much bigger?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 05:00 PM

he's pretty.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

hermitman64, I love ALL kinds of animals- Narq is a great animal to have- He's a trip to watch... Sometimes I think he's so stupid and other times he amazes me!

Lizgirl, YES! He does look so innocent in front of the camera- He turns his little head and pretends I'm not aware of his plan of running away... Yes- I've seen him run on his hind legs before, ONCE when I took him outside before I bought him a leash- he was sitting in my hands with his eyes shut and TOOK OFF! (hes so bad) He didn't do it for very long though- dunno if it was because he doesn't have the agility or because it was his first time (that I saw) or if was just because they can't do it for very long. It was a site though, and even better trying to find his green little but in the bushes!!

Becki, He's going to get to be about three ft. long. The cage he has now is..... well about 3 ft long and 2..? ft wide... though don't quote me. Pokey, how come you can't have a lizard?
We are currently working on a cage for him thats about 5 ft high and 3 1/2 ft wide. It's nice looking. All we need is the top and the bottom and the cage. He has a pool in his cage, a water dish, and a sandbox (and obviously two branches from the backyard). The sandbox is for incase he is a she.. They can become egg bound if they don't have a place to lay their eggs. They're pretty rough animals to take good care of if you have chinchillas, a dog, and 2 cats... They don't need alot of handeling because they stay pretty docile- but they're aquarium is so hard to keep at a constant 80% humidity and 80-90 degrees F. I will admit that I still havn't figured out how to do it. Will keep trying though!! Thanks- He LOVES to hear he's cute!

Tags
hind legs