How many iguanas can u have together? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

How many iguanas can u have together?

I was just wondering how many iguanas could you have together. I heard they were terratorial. I don't know if it would be good or not, so if any one can give me some advice it be nice. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Adolescent Pup

If you get another it would be wise to house separately do to illnesses, inadequate basking spots for each, and of coarse you would be unable to see if both are eating all their food.

2.1.1 Iguanas
1.2.0 Cats
2.3.0 Puppies
0.1.0 Dogs
1.1.0 Parakeets
1.0.0 Cockatiel
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons
1.1.0 Red-eared Sliders
0.0.1 Razorback Musk
0.0.1 Florida Pink-belly
0.0.1 Southern Painted
0.0.1 Mississippi Map
3.1.0 Ferrets
1.0.0 Ball Python
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Newborn Pup

We have one Igy and he's so aggressive, it's hard to imagine him with anther one regardless. I think it has a LOT to do with the lizard himself, but you have to keep in mind that they are extremely territorial, so if you do decide to go with multiple lizards, make sure only one male is in the bunch. Make sure all introductions are done as smoothly as possible.

**My boyfriend deals with iguana mostly, so if I'm off someone please tell me!**

Laura

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:
  • 1 duck
    ~*Frack
  • 2 Corn Snakes
    ~*Ela-Okatee
    ~*Lucy-False Albino
  • 1 Blue Diamond Iguana
    ~*Carlin Ira
  • 1 American Black Lab
    ~*Dixie
  • 1 Pacman Frog
    ~*Loscann
  • 2 Indian Ringnecks
    ~*Sky-Blue
    ~*Sol-Lutino Yellow
  • 1 55Gal Aquarium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 08:44 PM

be careful becuase if it is breeding season the iguanas can become very aggressive to the others.
no more than two i would say
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Playful Pup

I'd consider the sexes, definitely NOT two males. If you get a male and a female, the male will dominate her, and then you have the possibility of babies. I think a combo of two females would work, but then you need to double the cage size, I'd suggest two large water dishes, two basking areas (so one can't hog the one basking area. Plus two places to eat (again so one doesn't hog it). An enclosure roughly the size of a small bedroom should be the minimum for two iggy's (IMO).

Sarah,Tido

Ash,Zeus,Emma,Libby,ATB

Ryan

(Leopards)Sandy,Stephanie,Kalli,Monster,Ilul iaq,Maggie,Peter,Luke,Amara,Frozone,Lexie

(Cresteds)William,Chris,Danielle,Jojo,Anita, Victoria

Lemmiwinks,Fred,Ben&Jerry
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i think so too. i would never want 2 they are hard to care for to give attention and keep everything clean and if it doesn't work you have to have 2 really big cages and they could give each other problems if you have them out...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 04:31 PM
azz
Newborn Pup

I Have 2 Male Iguanas That Are Both Kept In The Same Tank And Have Read That They Can Be Kept Up To About 4 Years Together. Mine Are Both Brothers And 3 Years October ,but I Am Currently Getting Rid Of 1 Because Its A Shame For Him, The Other Eats More Food As If It Were A Race And Being The Bigger Of The 2 Has Full Control Of The Tank. Example ,he Nods His Head And If On The 3rd Nod The Other Hasnt Moved ,he Charges And Nips The Other ,not Bite ,just A Nip. I Am Currently Experiencing Very Aggressive Behavior From The Big 1 He Bites [and Does Damage] ,wips And Hates 2 Be Picked Up. Ive Had Them Both Since They Were 9 Months So It Aint As If They Know Me And Tried Everythink !
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 PM
azz
Newborn Pup

Red face

AINT AS IF THEY DONT KNOW ME. FORGOT THE DONT ON LAST REPLY.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

what size tank? i couldn't imagine 2 iguana's in any size tank. its too small of course they will fight

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 PM
azz
Newborn Pup

6 + Half Ft Long, 5 + Half Ft High By 3 Ft Wide. The Iguanas Are About 1 Ft + Half , The Bigger Of The 2 ,a Little Bit Bigger ,not Much.

Tags
breeding season