I almost killed my baby :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Exclamation I almost killed my baby :(

I had kermit out today and he was being all grumpy and was sitting in the window, and then jumped down under the couch and after trying to chase him around the living room he went into the kitchen and behind the fridge, hes done this before its his favorite hidding place, i cant hardly get him out, hes gotten out and lost before in the house and there really isnt anywhere that he can get that can hurt him, so i thought.

I couldnt find him in fridge and so i desided fine, come out when you want. I had dinner plans and normally when you leave him alone you come back and hes in his cage. nope, i looked agian in the fridge after eating and then looked be hind the stove, well i saw his little head under a bag of pop cans by the wall, and i moved it... kermit didnt move, he was laying under a window by the out door wall and was SOOOOO cold like waaaaay colder than he should be, he felt like pop out of the fridge cold. So i breathed on him a little and gave him a bath, slightly warm, (a min after i put him in there he started shaking full out seizer like shakes) so hear i am bawling and holding him until he starts to control his movements agian so back in the bath, then warmer, then he started swimming, then warm as normal for a while and now hes back in his cage

I FEEL HORRIBLE i swear i looked under that bag 10 times i think he was under the fridge until i went to eat... i dont think he would have lived if he was there the whole time... i really thought hed leave when he got too cold... he normally comes out of his hidding spots on his own hes done it maybe 5 times before that we just couldnt find him. and he always comes out and is either on his cage or on the tv where its warm

do you think he'll make it? hes only 7 months old... what should i look for? should i give him antibiotics? i still have some left over from his bacterial infection a month or so ago...

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Title Thief Victim

I think he will be fine...My friend was in a car accident w/her iguana and he went flying in to the snowbank but he snaped out of it and hes fine.

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

he may have been there for close to 3 hours, so after i got off work i checked up on him and couldnt see him breathing so i said his name... nothing... said it again nothing.... then he did like a back flip thing to the bottom of the cage and fell asleep agian... silly

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Adolescent Pup

eek! Good thing he's ok!

My pets!

1 dog ~ Rupert

2 Gpigs~dynimight,Princess

2 hamsters~Chewy,J.J

2 newts ~Suzy,Charm

One tank full of fish
1 platy
2 goldfish
4 fancy guppies
3 delta guppies
3 baby guppies
3 shrimp
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I hope he is.

[/CENTER]

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Oily Chickenspew

i don't think i would let him run around the house unattended...i would make him an 'area' for him to be in til he's bigger and you can watch him easier and he cant fit into tiny places. just my opinion, trying to help. i'm sure he'll be ok long as he's warm now

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 03:53 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hope he's ok! Sounds like you know what your doing so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Time Spent With Pets Is Never Wasted!

MONTY

MOLLIE

.....BOB

COMET, PLUTO & SANTOS
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Will It Ever Change?

im sure he'll be okay, i almsot sqashed one of my degu girls a month ago....she fine thank heaven

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

he is supposed to stay on my chair, he knows it, or the back of the couch he isnt a free roamer yet just quick

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Will It Ever Change?

lol well then he definitley learned the hard way! it's great he's okay, i'm so glad, i know the fearful feeling. you can't beat yourself up over it. it's done, over, he's fine, your'e freaked lol. all is well, i'm glad

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i hope he learned, in my green iguana book the guy said that his iguana got over heated and still was sitting under the basking lamp and he had to give him water and take him out of the sun and he learned after that that he moves to get away from over heating.. hopefully kerm learned that he moves before getting so cold hes stiff.... silly baby

[/CENTER]

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Will It Ever Change?

well with reptiles, all i can thibk of is the "frog in boiling water" story. the critters dont' know it's bad if it's a gradual change? maybe he'll eventaully learn the kitchen is a cold place lol

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

oh yea thats true, he cant feel tempature until it is his core tempature and by then i guess it would be too late

[/CENTER]