LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

I am geting a Gecko!!!

what do i need? what do i do with breeding it?HELp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Adolescent Pup

keep in mind breeding is very expensive and it takes lots of time work and patience too....research on leopard geckos by looking up caresheets like this one http://www.repticzone.com/caresheets/906.html heres a caresheet by a really awesome leo owner(i think she breeds leos too) im guessing youre talking about leopard geckos right? they make great pets but if you do decide to breed keep 1-2 leos at least for 1-2 years so you have experience with feeding them taking care of them and all that stuff...hoped i helped a little..~~megs~~

i have lots of babies.....so i just wont list them at the moment but ill eventually put pics here...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stop rattlesnake roundups!! join neopets.com!!!
STOP impaction and bacterial infections in leopard geckos and bearded dragons!! it can be prevented! use solid substrates like tile,newspaper,slate,shelfliner,newspaper,or reptile carpet...save a reptiles life! there may only be a 10-50 percent chance of them getting inpacted but why take that chance??????
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

You did. and yes i am geting a leopard gecko, what do i feed them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Adolescent Pup

i gave you some caresheets on my pm youll be able to find out what they eat on those....crickets,silkworms,lobster roaches,superworms for adults(NOT super mealworms),mealworms,and waxworms can be a treat at the most only feed these 3 of them a week but they can be addicting so 1nce every 2 weeks is what im going to do.......~megs~

i have lots of babies.....so i just wont list them at the moment but ill eventually put pics here...
STOP impaction and bacterial infections in leopard geckos and bearded dragons!! it can be prevented! use solid substrates like tile,newspaper,slate,shelfliner,newspaper,or reptile carpet...save a reptiles life! there may only be a 10-50 percent chance of them getting inpacted but why take that chance??????
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

yes and thanks you!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 07:02 PM
RAT ADDICT

I feed mine crickets and mealworms usually.But superworms,waxworms,pinky mice,silk worms...etc, make good treats!

Many leo owners keep a dish in the tank with mealworms all the time.This is what I do, and Bear can help himself to it.

Don't forget to dust your feeders with calcium at least once a week.You can buy calcium especially for reptiles in a pet store.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

baby leos food should be dusted 5 days a week and adults 1nce every few days...multivitamins 1nce a week and d3/calcium 1nce a week too...also keep a calcium dish in the tank...pinkies shouldnt be fed because they can carry parasites and give them to the leo arent nutritious and can cause impaction...just my 2 cents..silkworms are a great staple the best feeder and can fatten up sick leos and most leos love them...

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 06:45 PM
RAT ADDICT

My leo is an adult, so I only dust his feeders once a week, but I do keep a calcium dish in there at all times.

The leo breeders I know feed pinkies to gravid females for extra nutrients and have never had any problems!!!!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Adolescent Pup

even if theve never had problems feeding pinkies problems can occur over time...

Tags
leopard gecko, pet store