i dont know.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i dont know..

Kermit (baby iguana) bags and bags to come out, he runs around his cage he climbs on the door and watches me... like come and get me mommy i wanna come and play!! so i go to get him and he freaks out tail whips me and runs away... as soon as i catch him hes like MOMMY!! and loves to be pet and held and eats out of my hand and lays on me and roams around my chair, and sits in the window and doesnt want to go back to the cage.

Then when i put him back in the cage he is instantly back into being freaked out, tail whipping, and running around.

I know he isnt scared of me, hes fine when hes out, he chooses me over everyone else. i can do anything to him, clip his nails, give him meds, mess with his tail, his face, look in his mouth turn him over to check his spots on his tummy... hes fine with it.

How can i make him be ok with me getting him out of his cage?

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

maybe he just doesnt like you coming in his room? if you dont put your hands in his cage, will he come out by himself?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe he just needs to run off some steam? Like he has all that energy when he first comes out he just wants to explore for awhile? Also how old is he? If he's still little, and your picking him up from above - he could be getting freaked out thinking that your a bird of prey. Try to scoop him up from the bottom instead of graping him from above.

Hmm, or maybe it has something to do with the cage. Does he seem to not like being in it? Maybe he just doesn't want to be in his cage so he freaks out when you take him out (trying to escape from being put back in the cage) and when you try to put him away.

I use to have an iguana - she was such a sweet heart. I really miss her!