I don't know what todo.. **HELP!!** - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Question I don't know what todo.. **HELP!!**

Well, i have a Gecko and she just is too much stress. i might give her to my Uncle he has had Geckos.. But if he says no i don't know what I'll do, but anyways, did i a fail I feel like a Failure I just don't want everyone yellin at me for this, Its just so hard. I might go back to Gerbils. I really need help on this. Shoud i keep her and handle her more? she just won't let me hold her, and she hiss when i put my hand in there. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!! WOuld you keep her longer and try, or just give her to him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 07:47 PM
RAT ADDICT

I didn't exactly get what you meant.Do you mean it is too stressful on the gecko or on you? How old is the gecko?

Young geckos take some time to get used to you.However geckos are not a cuddly animal that likes to be handled.Mainly they like the heat of your body.Both of my geckos are handable,but don't like it for long,they tolerate it more then enjoy it.With reptiles,you have to realize they are not cuddley wuddly buddies,like a gerbil or a rat or a dog.Some geckos like/tolerate handling more then others.

Can you provide for the gecko? If you can and want/realize that geckos are not cuddly animals,then I say give her another chance to get used to you.But like I said,she may not like it at all.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Yea, what i'm saying is that she is just so hard to take care of, I have 6 brothers and sisters, and i wacth them a lot, she is Maybe 7- 9 months. I have everything she needs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 06:21 PM

What type of gecko is she?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 09:44 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by petgirl101
Yea, what i'm saying is that she is just so hard to take care of, I have 6 brothers and sisters, and i wacth them a lot, she is Maybe 7- 9 months. I have everything she needs!
Hmmm...I have two leos and don't find them hard AT ALL to look after.I actually reccommend them as a begginner lizard,they are easier to look after then anoles (which are often labeled as "first lizards").

But if you really don't think you can or want to look after her,I would definatly see if you could find her a good home,whether with your uncle or someone else.

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Yea, she is a really good gecko, She is a leopard Gecko, i don't want anyone thinking i get an Animal and then give up. I don't do that if a lost dog came were i live i keep them till someone finds them. And anything like that. I came to this forum hoping for the people that are here, you guys don't think i get an Animal and give up.. Do you?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by petgirl101
Yea, she is a really good gecko, She is a leopard Gecko, i don't want anyone thinking i get an Animal and then give up. I don't do that if a lost dog came were i live i keep them till someone finds them. And anything like that. I came to this forum hoping for the people that are here, you guys don't think i get an Animal and give up.. Do you?
Oh no.I never thought that.Sometimes even with LOADS of research people will get a pet and find it is not for them.Never happened to me,I keep all my pets no matter what.

I found gerbils are not the pet for me after getting one,but I kept her until she passed a few yrs later.I won't be getting another tho!

But sometimes things happen and we can't keep the animal,in those cases it is better to find a new home for the animal.

* Lisa *

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:09 PM

Some geckos just dont' like handling. That's why when possible, I think it 's always best to visit a breeder with a number to choose from so that you can find one with a personality to your liking. Janice is my sweetest Gecko..as soon as I saw her in her drawer at the breeders I KNEW she was the one. She's calm and loves to be held. But Ani..doesn't. For those that don't like to be held..they can still be interesting to keep watch.. Some females will get along with each other in a large enough cage. If your's doesn't come around..you might be able to get another female, that's very into being handled..and see if they get along (after quarantine of course). Then you have one to get out and hold.. that's kinda what I have with my two girls. Although the other never hisses or anything close to that..she's just squirmy. Yur girl may also calm down with time.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

i thought about Gerbils. They are the kind of pet i'd keep for life. They love to be held, they are sweet (Sometimes ) But i'v always loved then, and i wanted to try a gecko out so i did.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:42 AM

--I Could Sing of Your Love Forever--
Just saw that..great song.
I used to raise Gerbils and I can't say they're one of my fave rodents..too hyper and some can be mean .but it's what works for you really. Good luck in whatever you choose.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:19 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlunderrainbow
--I Could Sing of Your Love Forever--
Just saw that..great song.
I used to raise Gerbils and I can't say they're one of my fave rodents..too hyper and some can be mean .but it's what works for you really. Good luck in whatever you choose.
I agree...I am not a big fan of gerbs,but whatever works for you!

* Lisa *

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

I love That song, Yea most people i know don;t like them, me and my cousin Love them. I buy her one, and she takes acre of them till they die.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I found that rats are the easiest pet to own, have a medium length life span, and take little time/effert to tame to love you. ive never had a gerbil but hampsters i know can be mean... ive had 3.. not that i didnt love them i just didnt know i could have a rodent that wouldnt attack. ive had 2 rats for a year and they have never ever bit. and i can have them out and they come to their names great first pet

[/CENTER]

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Title Thief Victim

I have 2 gecko's, but i agee if geckos are not your type of pet..it can be stressful. I like mice.. lol

Carissasaurus Rex

Tags
leopard gecko