I feel guilty - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I feel guilty

I had kermit out today, he didn't want to come out, and was grumpy, but i made him

and when i was watching tv i saw him go under the couch and he hid and pooped on the floor, i could hear him so i yelled and had to move the couch so i can clean it and he ran because he was scared and i was mad.

I had him picked up and he jumped and ran so i kind of chased him (i don't know if 2 feet counts) and grabbed him and made him go back to his cage.

After i cleaned up the HUGE mess he made, i mean really he isn't that big!! i felt really really really bad, and so i went to talk to him and i held him, he was a lot nicer and let me pick him up and didn't fight me taking him out, but i didn't keep him out just long enough to hug him and kiss him and tell him i wasn't mad anymore. but still.. i feel bad.

I have read that if you take them out often then stop for a few days they can get upset and poo when they are out and i guess that is what he did, he was bored in his cage the last few days because i have been so busy i haven't had much time for him (even though most of my time spent was on fixing his new cage)

I had been letting him out for a long time every day, then had to stop this week, and i'm sure next week it will be back to normal again.

I shouldn't have yelled, even though he meant it, its because of me. i'm a bad ig mom....

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Will It Ever Change?

bah you're fine. he'll live dont worry hun, he knows you feel bad *hugs*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 05:00 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww your not a bad ig mum, you just got mad which to be honest we all do sometimes, and yeah you might have not taken him out a lot in the past week but it was for a good reason so that his new cage would be perfect for him.
He might have not understood what was going on but you know it was for his good in the long run, so don't worry.

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i have the gashes to prove it heh.... i'll take him out today, and maybe soak him for a while to see if he poos before i let him walk around!!!

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Part of the Pack

You may have been angry and overreacted, but it doesn't sound like you did anything damaging to the ig. Give him a treat and tell him you're sorry and life will go on.

Beating yourself up about it does no good.

Pets are always your friend no matter what.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

He'll forget about it. He knows you love him. You already spoil him like crazy, so don't feel bad!

Maureen

Six new rats