I Got A Beardie!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Talking I Got A Beardie!!!

My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad!
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors.

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit!

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:44 PM
RAT ADDICT

Yay! Congrats Jess!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Very cool, can't wait to see pics! Will you have to get a new tank for him, since he's bigger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Hello Earthling

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats!!

Any name ideas yet?

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Curmudgeon

That's Great!

Cool Dads Rock!

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks everyone!!! Im SO happy with him- he is perfect! My sister snuggled him to sleep while I was babysitting... He is so calm and relaxed, and he doesnt even have any stress marks yet! He has a HUGE appetite, and he attacked his squash last night, plus 12 supers so far. Its nice to see one eat for a change!!
Here are some crappy phone pics... He is actually yellow, and looks like he might have some lavender side bars under his dirty-ness:

And now for the story/details...
So last week, my mom took me to Leaping Lizards "Just to look", because they had some adults up for adoption (Preggo woman couldnt keep her 4). I saw this huge, squishy male, and I completely fell in love! But he was $125, and my mom said I couldnt get him. I was really sad, and he was all I could think about after that. I looked on CL and emailed some people, but all the beardies on CL look completely emaciated, and I just cant handle another sick one. I looked into Blue Toungue skinks, Leos, and some other lizards, but they just werent the same!
Then yesterday, my dad told my to come over the the laundry room because he has something to show me. I thought it was because I had to clean up something or something like that- I dont have a good relationship with my dad, and thats usually the only reason he talks to me. But I went over, and he was holding my pet carrier and a bag of supers, and a little beardie face peeked out at me throught the little window!! It was SO unexpetced, because my parents said they didnt want more beardies, and I didnt think he had even liked Wink in the first place! My mom didnt even know he got the beardie!

He is already pretty settled in. I used to have a little pic of a beardie taped to the side of the tank when I had Wink because he never noticed it, but when I came to give the new guy a salad, he had his nose pressed against the glass black bearding and staring it down! I had to take it off right away!
He attached his UV light too LOL. I had it down lower, since Wink would not climb things to get close enough to it, and he completely launched him self at it... Im suprised it didnt break! So that had to be fixed too LOL.
This morning I randomly woke up at 7:00, and he was already awake and glaring at me LOL... I guess he is used to having his lights on earlier! After he warmed up a little, he started stretching his beard and yawned... Exactly like Wink used to do!

Im giving him a bath and a nail trim today, and buying him a couple things too. My mom had gotten my a XL Exoterra cave for my birthday, but it is not XL enough for this guy... He cant even fit his head through the opening. So Im getting him a bigger one, and I need larger drift wood too.

Sorry this is SO long LOL!!

As for names, I think I am down to 2:
1. Jasper
2. Ziggy
Not sure though... he might remain nameless for a few days. Any other suggestions?
And no, I dont think he will be needing a different cage- a 40 gal breeder is fine for an adult. He isnt very active anyway.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Maybe Wink was in charge of who this big guy went to,
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

He's such a chubster!!! lol Ziggy is a very suitable name for him though
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

He's cute, thanks for sharing pictures!

Haha well I'm also partial to the name Ziggy But Jasper is a cool name for a beardie too.

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks! I told you he was fat! Haha
I actually found a half-log hide that he should be able to fit him, and I got him a huge basking log that he really likes. I bathed him and cliped his nails, but he is still red so I will have to wait untill his next shed to see his real colors!
He didnt want his salad yet, but its just relocation stress. Ill throw in some supers to see if he is more interested.

Ugh, I HATE decided on names! Usually I think of something right away, but he is a little trickier. Ziggy is more of a cute name, and Jasper is a little more serious... I think I might be leaning towards Ziggy, because he isnt a very serious looking little guy LOL.

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Sorry I'm late! Congrats, he's darling!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 07:18 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awww,he is a cute guy.
Out of those names I think Ziggy suits him more.
Sounds like he has a lot of personality.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Hello Earthling

Congrats!!!!

I like giving my pets 'people' names. I like Norman for a beardie

Tags
awesomeness!!!