I think Haley laid eggs!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

I think Haley laid eggs!!

She'd been acting kind of wierd so I asked around and figured out how to make a laying place for her (just a bucket of wet sand she can tunnel into) and made one. She spent all day yesterday to this afternoon digging. It was very interesting to watch her dig with her wierd feet! Then when I came home tonight, they tunnel was filled back in and she was covering it with vines and leaves! Tomorrow I'm going to take the bucket out and dig up the eggs if there are any, I'll show you guys pics. The eggs will be infertile btw, no baby chams!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 03:23 AM

Wow... that's really cool! I'm really glad everything is working out ... lord knows nesting time is always an ordeal with reptiles. That must have been fascinating to watch. What do you plan to do with the eggs?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:07 AM

I bet that was interesting to watch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

If there are eggs, I'm just going to check them out, maybe open one up to look, then throw them away I guess. There's no way they are fertile so I don't have to worry about incubating them or anything thank goodness! Poor fat haley isn't fat anymore!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 04:57 PM

Well, that's neat. I'm sure Haley will, you know, fatten up.

The eggs my turtles give me that can't possibly be fertile usually go to my cockatoo. I don't mind ... even though turtle eggs are considered a delicacy in some circles ..
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Cool! I can't wait to see pics! Maybe you can make a Cham egg omelet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Miss New Booty

WOW Becki!!! Yes, I hope you are able to get some pictures!!! Has she done that before?

SCARLETTE!!!!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 07:52 PM

Scarlette you hit my gag reflex on that one! Ewwwwwwwwwww

How neat, minus the whole omlette imagery!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette
Maybe you can make a Cham egg omelet!
I keep telling people that! I wound up just throwing them away, but I felt bad about it- dunno what else to do with them though. This was her first time laying and there were 41 eggs!!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 02:10 AM

Poor Becki ... I knew you would end up feeling bad. It just seems wrong to throw them away ... even if there is no reason to keep them.

Wow, that really is something ... no wonder Haley isn't as fat, eh? Look at them though ... they are perfect, aren't they? How amazing ...
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 08:53 AM

Becki,

They are mighty neat, except for the fact that I can think about is Scarlette's omlette. I say mail them to her! Maybe she is craving one! LOL
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 10:39 AM

Wink

Gosh!!! Forty-one eggs!! Is that common in chams? Sounds like a lot of eggs.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Romping Ratties

WOW! That is so cool! Thanks for posting a pic. I doubt I would ever had had the chance to see eggs before!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Miss New Booty

Wow what a neat picture of the eggs, Becki! WOW 41?!? That's alot of eggs!

~* Jackie *~

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Neat pic!

I'll make Jeff a nice Cham egg omelette for breakfast next week.

Rhonda