Iguana harness - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Iguana harness

Mines just a baby right now but i would like to harness train him in the furture i was wondering if anyone knows of a really good harness that doesnt hurt their spikes, and has a sepperate harness and leash, i dont want him on the leash when he first wears it. in the books and sites they say its a good thing to have them harness trained but isnt normally needed i would like one for when he gets bigger and goes to the vet or out side or even to my parents house

what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle
Mines just a baby right now but i would like to harness train him in the furture i was wondering if anyone knows of a really good harness that doesnt hurt their spikes, and has a sepperate harness and leash, i dont want him on the leash when he first wears it. in the books and sites they say its a good thing to have them harness trained but isnt normally needed i would like one for when he gets bigger and goes to the vet or out side or even to my parents house

what do you think?

do you have other pets as well
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Title Thief Victim

I wanted one for my iguana but he didnt make it old enough or i should say big enough.

but i think its a good idea...so he can get fresh air and alittle freedome as well

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i have 2 rats living with me, and at the farm i have a dog and cows and cats
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i read that you can use a farret one when they get bigger but they can hurt their spikes and loose them, i just want him to be comfy and safe
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Title Thief Victim

Yea, I personally dont think there is any that dont have a risk of hurting there spikes..becuase they have spikes all down their backs.. and the harness goes acorss the back. but thats just my opinion

Carissasaurus Rex

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

or at least as little as possible, sence some are solid backs or some are thin rope, but i havent found any thin rope ones with a detachable leash
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i herd an 8 type cat harness is great, the H one doesnt work as well because they can get out easy and when they are little you can get them a farret harness (from my vet tech)

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Adolescent Pup

I used a leather shoe strings tied together then I moved up to the ferret harness and on my two older ones I am using a small dog harness. I started when most of mine were young and it took about a month for them to get use to.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

JacquesZoo, that sounds like a good idea .
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Adolescent Pup

Your very welcome.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

do you happen to have a picture of the leather shoelace one on an iguana so i can copy how you did it

[/CENTER]

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Newborn Pup

You may want to consider not using a harness for your iguana. It is not natural and cannot be very comfortable for the animal. If you are able to bond well enough with your pet, you may be able to take it outside without the risk of it running away. I don't recommend trying this with a young iguana though.

Proud mamma of:
Ziggy (piggie)
Smore (piggie)
rest in peace Jose (iguana)

There is no such thing as a disposable pet
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i dont think i would be comfortable taking him out ever with out a harness and lead on. i wouldnt make him wear it any other time than out side and the vet he actually has a spot where he has the spikes broken off already that might not cause him any discomfort to have the harness there... (they were broken when i got him.. along with a toe nail)

[/CENTER]

Tags
vet tech