Iguana ok with bird? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Iguana ok with bird?

I have an iguana, as many of you know, but my boyfriend really really wants a bird some day, i would like to get him one but i have heard that iguanas can freak out if they hear birds around them.... do any of you have iguana's and big birds? (parrots, cockatiels..) i'll be living in an apartment for some years still so they would have to be in the same room pretty much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Herp Nerd

My iguana and my blue & gold macaw share a room. They don't seem to care about each other, one way or another. Iguanas tend to be more intimidated by animals larger than they are invading their territory, than by noises directly. Iguanas are arboreal animals, in the wild they would share their habitat with all manner of birds. I'd be more afraid of keeping a loud parrot in an apartment building disturbing your neighbors, rather than your iguana.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

I use to have an iguana, and I know this isn't a big bird, but my parents have a budgie. It was hard to keep those two away from each other. The iguana would aways try to get on top of the bird cage to sun herself in front of the window. And the bird, who had unfortuantly lost his birdie friend, would always try to feed my iguana seeds! It was so weird. Toby, the budgie, use to sit on my iguanas back and follow her around the room when we let them both out at the same time (supervised, of course). I use to have some awesome pictures of them hanging out together but I don't have them on this computer.

But yeah, we kept them both in the same room and even though Toby is just a little guy he can really be loud when he wants too, and it never seemed to bother the iguana.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

sweet. my cousins husband said that he had an iguana then he had to move it in a room with his bird and it freaked out and turned black and he got rid of him. ever since i have been scared to have bird noises around my iguana.

Tags
bird cage, gold macaw