Photos! KERMIT got a new home!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

KERMIT got a new home!!

Ok, here we go, his new cage.. isn't it big? i will get some pics of me in it soon to show how roomy it really is

I hope he likes it right now he is just scared, i still have to get ladders if he doesn't climb the bars onto the ledges in this cage, he did in his other cage and skipped the ladders all the time

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kendalle; 07-21-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Hello Earthling

Lucky Kermit.Love the new cage. Have you thought of getting him a cat tree type thing for him to climb on?

I'm sure he must be real happy to have more room to stretch out!!!

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i have thought of getting him a cat tree thing but they are really really pricey and look hard to clean

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Hello Earthling

Yeah they are.If your crafty your could always build your own out of PVC and cover it in rope or old carpet or something like that.
I've never understood why cat trees are so freckin expensive.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

me either, i even found cheap cheap cheap circle things that they use (home supply stores have them for deck posts to fill with cement

normally the circle in cat trees are just cardboard

[/CENTER]

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:02 PM
RAT ADDICT

Great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing! Love them.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Woohoo! I've been waiting for these pics! Nice job setting it all up. He's got so much room! I hope you have fun finding stuff to put in there for him.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i will once he is less scared.. i will start mixing up his cage

i think i'm going to get long parrot ladders and ropes and things

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Arranging the cage is one of my favorite parts of having caged pets. I love getting creative and putting cool stuff in there, or just moving things around to keep it interesting.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

from what i've seen on my reptile forum most people like to keep their iguana's cages bare like one shelf and one ladder bare. some have more than one shelf but normally 1 with one ladder and one tub for soaking and most are tub potty trained.

I don't get it, kermit goes all over his cage and likes exploring they say that iguana's are kind of lazy and go and bask and come back down to eat and things and go back up to bask...

[/CENTER]

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:44 AM

Oh, Kendalle, that is HUGE! Kermit must be so happy now. I can't even imagine having a cage in my house that big. LOL We have a big house, but I mean that is almost getting to be a ROOM! Heee hee. You must really love Kermit. I think he would be a great "watch pet". I have a few people right now I'd like to turn him loose on! Just kiddin'

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

he is only a good watch pet if someone goes in his cage when hes out hes really gentle unless someone trys to pick him up when he wants to go somewhere then he rolls like a croc but really his looks prevent everyone but me to pick him up most of the time

Guess what?!?! he is less scared now, exploring his cage (still in it too yay!) and even pooped in his water like a good boy now that i have room to put the big tub in there

so now he may be potty trained and lets me in his cage with out thinking its his

[/CENTER]

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Hello Earthling

ewwww poopy water .lol

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

lol yea i know but its wicked easy to clean so i just take it outside dump it and refill

then i only have to sweep out his cage often and makes cleaning soooo much easier i can't wait until i can put a bigger pool thing in there

I'll save alot of money too because i was changing 2 pieces of paper every day and its 6.99 for a pack of 100 (i use 18x24" newsprint for artists)

[/CENTER]

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Hello Earthling

Cleaning is fun with big cages that you can go crazy and set up it again.

I still think poopy water is nasty. What does he drink or bathe in before you clean it?Poopy Poopy Poopy Water.Needs a little filter lol