Leopard Gecko Breeders - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Leopard Gecko Breeders

Anyone know of any reliable leopard gecko breeders near MD or that ship? A friend of mine got one from the pet store that ended up having a broken leg. The pet store is paying for the vet but they said he might not get it back because the vet might not be able to do anything. I think he's just looking for a regular - normal gecko (I know nothing about geckos lol)
Or if anyone knows of anybody selling theirs?

Thanks!

Alicyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Uh-oh...advice: Leopard Geckos are ADDiCTiVE!!
I have 2 currently.A normal& a patternless.To say they are both sweethearts are an understatement.

I had this site saved to my faves: Gecko Ranch - Supplies, Breeds, Herpetology They ship live geckos overnight by UPS.Check them out

I live outside the USA (Canada) so I personally never ordered a live animal from them,so I can't tell you about business experience,but ...it's a place you can order adorable geckos,well your friend can...
(geckos are addictive,you may just want one as well )
Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Ah, I'm not allowed to have anything without fur until I have my own house so there are no worries there. Thanks!

Alicyn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 AM
RAT ADDICT

Do your research!! They are pretty easy to look after tho and good as a beginner reptile.

I have two leos as well.A female blizzard named Mystta (she is about 8 or so yrs) and a normal male named Bear (he is about 3-4 yrs).They can live to about 15+ yrs.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 02:46 AM

Nothing can prepare you for the shock of when they start to turn a dull color& you realize "Oh they're going to shed!!"
It scared the beejeebes out of me,I called the vet in St.John's & freaked out& said my geckos stopped eating& they look dull!! & Then the vet said "are they in shed?" & then I saw the skin start to come off& I almost cried..dunno if it was out of relief or just not knowing that this is 'normal' for before they shed.I under-estimated how dull they'd look.

It didn't help my paranoia at all.
But yeah,it's normal for them to turn a dull ghostly white& not eat for a couple days when they are going to shed.
Mine look even cuter than ever now

-doesn't have a heart attack-

Make sure research is done.They aren't too 'hard' to care for,but it's really important to have researched the care.
Give your friend that link tho
& I'm just mentioning how important research is in case someone comes across the thread who wants geckos

Last edited by candyraver; 04-26-2007 at 02:53 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 10:44 PM
RAT ADDICT

Yes,research is very important...no matter how easy an animal is to care for.

Haha...I remember when I first got Bear and he turned white! I was like "uh-oh!"...I started to panic and went online and asked about it.I was informed he was getting ready to shed.LOL! It is a shock!

Another thing that scared me,was when I first had Bear...he was stretched,all flattened out with his limbs all stretched behind him.He looked dead! I touched him and he woke up! Both of my geckos sleep funny now sometimes...but I know better now!

* Lisa *

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 02:31 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Yes,research is very important...no matter how easy an animal is to care for.

Haha...I remember when I first got Bear and he turned white! I was like "uh-oh!"...I started to panic and went online and asked about it.I was informed he was getting ready to shed.LOL! It is a shock!

Another thing that scared me,was when I first had Bear...he was stretched,all flattened out with his limbs all stretched behind him.He looked dead! I touched him and he woke up! Both of my geckos sleep funny now sometimes...but I know better now!
It scared me half to death! The temperature was right.They had everything,they just wouldn't eat& they looked ghostly!I didn't like that at all
As for sleeping,Asda gave me mini heart attacks before I swear!!

I like the different morphs you can get in leopard geckos

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:08 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyraver
It scared me half to death! The temperature was right.They had everything,they just wouldn't eat& they looked ghostly!I didn't like that at all
As for sleeping,Asda gave me mini heart attacks before I swear!!

I like the different morphs you can get in leopard geckos
Haha! The things our babies like to do to us!!

Mystta is actually just shedding tonight.It is the FIRST time I ever seen her actually shed.I mean,I always seen my geckos turn white and stop eating and all that,but never actually seen them shed.They usually hide away to shed and then come out when they are done.But tonight Mystta was shedding in the open.So I watched her for abit.She looked really annoyed! Anyway she was scraping the skin off on the rock.It was interesting.Anyway she is in her humid hide now,so she should be done soon!

I love the different morphs too! They are beautiful.I never knew there were so many until I met Kjaerstin and Cory!

* Lisa *

Tags
broken leg, leopard gecko, pet store