LEOPARD GECKO LAID EGGS!!(again) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

LEOPARD GECKO LAID EGGS!!(again)

i have a question about incubating do the eggs have to be incubated to a certian temerture or does the incubator have to be incubated to that temerature? plz answer me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Curmudgeon

It's hard to understand the question...

The eggs have to be at a certain temperature AND humidity. That's the purpose of the incubator... to maintain this environment.

I have more experience with snakes, but there are quite a few things in common. First off, once the eggs are incubating DO NOT rearrange them. By doing so, you can drown the animal within. I use a pencil to make a light mark on the very top of the egg. This mark must always stay at the top.

Because Leopards are one of those animals which are temperature dependent for sex development, the temp you incubate at will determine the sex of your offspring. Around 80 to 88 is considered optimal. 80-82 will be females, 87-88 will be males, and in between you will get roughly half and half. Most folks I know go for more females, incubating at around 81.

I don't understand the part about incubating the incubator to a temperature.

If you could clarify that question, I'd be glad to answer.

There are many different designs for home-made incubators out there ...from the simple to the frighteningly elaborate. You can also purchase a purpose built incubator. If you do a cursory web search on "leopard gecko incubate eggs", you'll get quite a few examples of what people are using.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Part of the Pack

We have a breeding pair of Leopard Gecko's at my college and we haven't been succesfull at producing any young, but hopefully we should have some young soon, our animal care staff are keeping a constant eye on them and the temperature. Were also incubating Florida and Mexican King Snakes which were given to use from a local Zoo so fingers crossed for them too.

Give this website a try: http://www.reptilecare.com/leopardbreed.htm hope this helps in someway

ae

animalexpert - a life long learner

Qualifications: FdSc AMgt. N.Dip AMgt, and VetMed Cert
Working towards: BSc AMgt, A.Dip AB, Marine Zoology and Herptology
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

im saying do the eggs in the deli cup have to be incubated to 81 or does the temperature inside the incubator have to be 81? tell me if that halps a little
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

also if it has been 2 weeks since the eggs wre laid are the eggs most likely fertile?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

plz answer me
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

fine this thread is closed
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

The thread cant be closed unless a mod closes it. And also, maybe the reason no one is answering is because they dont know the answer...maybe try searching the internet like Bob suggested. If people dont know the answer, they wont respond because they dont want to give you incorrect information.

Tags
animal care, breeding pair, leopard gecko