leopard gecko not eating and sleeping alot - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

leopard gecko not eating and sleeping alot

i'm new to owning a leopard gecko. i just took over the care for my friends gecko after a year. it's been in my house for about a week and hasnt eaten at all. even when he was in his home for the past year for a week maybe 2 before i took him he wasnt eating. his tail is plump but looks a little thin around his hind legs (but i dont know if thats normal) ive seen pictures and it seems to be. the temature is where it should be, day and night and all he seems to do is sleep. during the day he sleeps OUTSIDE his hyde on the cool side and at night he sleeps on the warm side, corners on both.. anything i can do to get him to sleep in the propor place and be more active? and suggestions on getting him to eat? i'm worried... should i be? any imput would help. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 07:34 PM
RAT ADDICT

Leopard geckos are not very active geckos in the first place.

Maybe he just doesn't eat alot or isn't hungry.My two geckos are currently not eating alot because of the weather.It has gotten abit colder here inside,even with the heat and everything.They seem to become less active during the colder months.

What kind of substrate are you using? Because if you are using sand or something of that sort,he may be impacted,making him not eat.Has he always had these eating habits?

My geckos generally eat at least once a week and if I try feeding them anymore they just ignore the food.My cousin has a leo as well and hers has even weirder eating habits.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Newborn Pup

i also have a question. I got my leopard gecko on December 11th 09. and i started holding her on the 12th. But i read that you should give them two to three days to adjust to their new home. now im worried that i may have started holding her too soon. what do you think?
she eats good. and when i take her cave out, she roams. although when the cave is in there, she stays in it all the time.

*Kelsea Shea*
Two female dogs, Macy & Oreo.
A leopard gecko, Sunshine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Hello Earthling

This is an old thread and you may get more responses to your question if you post your own thread.

You probably did not do any harm by handling the gecko early. They are nocturnal animals and she probably comes out of her hide at night.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Newborn Pup

thats why i posted it many times, because like this, you said it was an old thread....

*Kelsea Shea*
Two female dogs, Macy & Oreo.
A leopard gecko, Sunshine.

Tags
hind legs, leopard gecko