leopard geckos - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thumbs up leopard geckos

soooo we offically have leopard geckos which wasnt the plan but yet there so cute we orginally went back to a petshop that we had saw an older bearded dragon at to try n reason with the owner to give him to us after six months of watching him in a bad place we caved to adopt him but today when we went to go and try and get him we learned he had been sold so the owner said as the pet shop was being closed down which kinda made me happy as the owner new nothing about animals thank god he didnt have a lot of animals there to start with but as we were leaving he asked us to hold on a sec and went in the back room and came out with a box asked if we wanted them and as we looked in the box we saw two leopard geckos he gave them to us for free all we know is there both male no idea of age and he said they were from the same littre so brothers i guesse there super friendly and get along togethier says theyve always lived togethier does anyone else have leopard geckos on here or has had them in the past im looking for any info i can find on them weather it be from the internet or from personal experience we havent named them yet so name suggestions are welcome ill post pics soon

edit photos
this is my none shy guy he is bigger then the other one
hes very social and active and curious i think the guy said there both boys or is it girls i dont remember just remember there the same sexe

and this is my shy guy who is friendly and curious but hides a lot

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 09-11-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Resident Zoologist

Give them lots of room, and enough hides so that each gecko has one, plus a couple of extras. They look smallish still, so likely still young, and territoriality could still develop.

G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Aquarist since 1971
Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta (Est. 1994)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Past-president, Calgary Aquarium Society (Est. 1951)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have any specific questions or anything about them? They are pretty easy to care for and it's easy to find good care sheets about them online.

One thing I'd recommend is that you separate them if they are both males. Males will get along when they are young but usually start fighting as they get older. The fights can be pretty nasty & if one of them gets hurt it's usually pretty expensive to have them treated, since they are an exotic pet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 02:12 PM
is a little "special"

They are so adorable!! I've been wanting a leo for forever. You are so lucky you got them both, especially since they were free!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

heres some better pictures of them there still nameless right now but have diffrent personailities one is super shy and the other is very curious.

my shy guy he likes to be handled but likes to be alone as well when hes not cuddled up to his brother

shy guy again

shy guy thinking whats that.

my none shy guy

my none shy guy again he is very very curious and always wants to be held

none shy guy again watching my every move as usual
he usually walks from one end of the terrium to the other when he sees me walking by. unless hes cuddled up with his other gecko friend.

gecko cuties ^_^

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Very cute! Congrats on your new pets! I don't have much to add but I agree with Michelle about separating them. Males rarely get along once mature.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

the guy told my hubby that there a year old is this mature or are they still considered babies ?

By Anonymous