Lizard Eggs? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Lizard Eggs?

I just found what I think is a lizard egg on our sidewalk. I didn't want to leave it there because I know one of my dogs would've ended up crushing it.

So, what do I do with it? Where should I put it?

I'm not positive it's a lizard egg but we have lots of wild brownish lizards here so I just assumed by the size of the egg that's what it is. It's white, oval and the size of my fingernail. It looks very fragile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lizard Egg.jpg (13.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Lizard Egg 2.jpg (11.6 KB, 17 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 07:11 PM

Looks like an Anole egg. It's hard to say whether or not it'll hatch since it's been moved and turned so much. For a general rule of thumb "don't turn over reptile eggs"

A good place for an Anole egg is just about everywhere. They drop them all over the place... The safest place is under a rock. Most of our successful hatches seem to happen from under a rock in the garden. The egg is only dug into the dirt enough to cover the bottom half of the egg and the rock usually has some sort of dent in it that allows it to rest there undisturbed...

Many of the eggs around here are also found in the window sills and just generally 'laying around' on the ground under shady plants etc...

Deb
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:49 PM

Flag Little white eggs...

Hi Jodi. I too have found some little eggs that Iam pretty sure are llizard eggs.. we live on 1/2 acre and it has many many lizards.. they are welcome as they keep the spiders down..
I have place the 6 little eggs in a glass container in dirt partially exposed and placed it into my Bearded Dragons glass enclosure. in the corner to take advantage of the heat lamp. I think it would be abosolutely wonderful if those babies htched.. I have 9 grandchildren and it would just be so exciting for them to see this.
what have you done with your egg??
thanks
Marty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Hello Earthling

this thread is from 2004