lizard questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

lizard questions

so hubby has decided hed like his own lizard, which im perfectly ok with. i was wondering thou which lizards each no or hardly any crickets,and are slower then most lizards? i want to do some research to help him choose one for himself.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 05:21 PM
is a little "special"

Look up Uromastyx... Their care is similar to a beardie, but they are completely vegetarian! They do need larger cages and hotter basking spots though.
Crested, Gargoyle, and Leechies geckos dont necessarily need live food either. They do great on Crested Gecko Diet powdered foods, but Gargoyles and Cresties can be quite the little jumpers.

As for being slower, Blue Toungue Skinks dont move very fast (They have these itty bitty little stubby legs!), but they do require live food. Leopard and African Fat Tailed geckos arent too speedy either, but again they need live food. They only other lizard I can think of right now that isnt too fast and doesnt require mass amount of live food is a bearded dragon, buuutttt you already had one of those LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

still have him to lol hes evil little bugger when he wants to be

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 08:29 PM
is a little "special"

Oh, for some reason I thought you didnt have him anymore? LOL, sorry! XD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i had gave him to someone with more experience with them but they gave him back to me as they were down sizing

bleh bleh bleh hubby brought home a corn snake bleh >_<

By Anonymous
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 09:17 AM
is a little "special"

Oh, OK. So I wasnt that far off, LOL. How is he doing?
Haha, I take it you arent too fond of snakes then? IMO corn snakes are pretty neat.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

hes doing good hes grumpy and doesnt like being held at all, but other then that hes good. im not a big fan of snakes of any kind, but this ones sorta cute, not saying id hold him or anything but hes kind of cute.

By Anonymous
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Hello Earthling

Corns are awesome!!!

I love mine. *heart*

Give it some time to settle in and then slowly start to handle. Also feed in a separate container.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Newborn Pup

If your man is still after a lizard, I suggest you look up Chuckwallas. They're vegetarian, not extremely fast moving, and generally quite docile. Pricier than most standard pet shop reptiles though.

Tags
lizard question?