Mali or BD? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Question Mali or BD?

Hey peoples! My name's Shayna, if anyone here ever goes to POTN I'm LoveGun, although I haven't been online in months. Just wanted to say to ya. Anyhow, here's the question...

I really want to get a lizard, I have been researching lots of different kinds, I think a bearded dragon would be the best. The only problem is tank size. I won't have enough room for one until late next spring, which honestly is fine for me, I can wait if I need to. I don't wanna stick it in a cage too small just for me. But anywahs, I recently heard about these other lizards called mali uromastyx. I looked up on them too, they sound about the same as a BD in most aspects, except they don't get as big and they are vegetarian lizards. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with either, or both, and could help me with choosing one. I'm fourteen, I have enough time for all my pets (when you live in a big city and don't know bus schedules you don't have a social life) and I have never had a repltile before.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Adolescent Pup

Uros usually get about the same size as a bearded dragon, depending on the species. Although malis don't get as big as some other uros, they still require a cage about 40-55 gallons or bigger, just like the beardie. They are pretty much strict herbivores though. Beardies are omnivorous. Uromastyx require a substrate they can burrow in though, and need HOT temperatures. We're talking a basking spot of about 120 degrees F. Both species require UVB lighting of course too. I'd stick with the beardie if you're new to lizards.

Hey, it's better than Slimyfeathery, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.

Tags
bearded dragon