Me and the Winkster! :) - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Wow he got so big so fast! But I'm sure you seeing him everyday isn't too noticable but he is getting big!! When do you have to get him a new tank? Anytime soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

ROFL Amanda! I LOVE his wittle ears!
And actually, I am upgrading him to my 40 gal breeder this weekend! He is 14 inches now, and they should have a cage at least twice their lenght... So he would outgrow his 20 gal in a week or 2 anyway. Its looking kinda small now LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

oh man he's gonna be so excited for a big new tank! lol its so cute watching any animal explore a new tank, its like their world just got a little bigger!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

LOL, I know! When I first moved him to his 20 gal, he wouldnt sit still the whole night. He was "glass dancing" and exploring every nook and cranny untill I put him to bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Hello Earthling

He is going to love a larger enclosure!!

Have you even thought of making one of the foam background with the ledges, caves etc... that are covered in grout so they are like rock?

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Im switching the cages around today! Ill post some pic!!!
And yeah, I think Im going to make him a basking platform out of the styrofoam and grout because I dont like the ones I have LOL. Beardeddragon.org has a step-by-step thing on how to make them. I have to return some sand (hermit crabs... not Wink) at Home Depot because is wasnt the right kind, so Ill see what they have there.

Didnt you make a fake rock thing for Cheerios or the geckos? Was it hard or easy to do?

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

I made a bunch of fake rocks and caves and such for my geckos, it was a lot of fun and not hard at all. I've been saving up a bunch of styrofoam to make them more stuff, because I think I could make it look better the second time around, now that I've had some pratice.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Hello Earthling

I made a foam background with coconut fiber instead of grout. Stanford is currently using the enclosure with it. There is a thread somewhere......

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Hello Earthling

BAM!!!!

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f29/f...oam-52699.html

And the background in use. It was meant for crested geckos, but them I can home with Stanford who can't stick to glass so this works well for him. Old picture.

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Sweet! Thats a good idea to cover it in coconut fider too.

And Winks new cage is FINISHED!!! It took me an entire day, but it looks super awesome and Wink loves it LOL! Pics later... Im really tired now.

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Newborn Pup

Waht a pretty beardie. My beardie Thorin is a bit paler wit less definetiton to his stripes. Thorin's head is even bigger than wink's too. I should be able to post picks of him soon. How does wink get along with your other animals?
Thorin and Shadow the cat seem to really enjoy each other's company sometimes. He puffs up and turns black when one the snakes get near him.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
is a little "special"

Thanks!
LOL, a head even bigger than Winks? Thats possible??
Do you know what morph your beardie is? Wink is just a normal phase.
And he doesnt really care much about my other animals. My dog is terrified of Wink (he is scared of everything), and if I let Wink and my rabbit sniff, Wink just licks his nose LOL. I havent introduced him to anyone else though. He would probably try to eat my hermit crabs and millipede.

Tags
bearded dragon, cute, pictures