My baby girl.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

My baby girl....

Sapphira the blue tongue skink! Wanted one for more then a year, finally found the right one at the right price. So glad I waited, she is perfect. Never hisses, very sweet. {bluey's rarely bite so didn't add that she never does that either! LOL}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Loopy AppleNose

Very nice! What a beautiful skink I have a blue tongue skink also! In my opinion, they are the perfect reptile pets.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently reading: Light in August by William Faulkner
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Love the name& what a gorgeous skink!! =D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 11:23 PM
RAT ADDICT

She's gorgeous! I always like the blue tongue skinks!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

She's gorgeous!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Cute!
Can you get her to show us her blue tongue?

Lve Never Fails

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

She does the tongue thing all the time but getting it on film is very hard! lOL I will work on it though!

Thanks everyone for the comments, I love her to death and am glad I got her, they really are a great lizard!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Is she friendly? Can you hold them and stuff? heheh I've never seen a skink in person, she's beatiful though!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 09:35 AM
laugh often

Beautiful. I hope you can get a pic of her tongue

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Loopy AppleNose

Blue tongue skinks are very docile and easy to hold. However, on occasion you will find one with a bit of a mean personality. They can usually be tamed, though.

I totally can't identify BTS. My first thought was northern when I saw your pictures, but now that I look at it, it seems to be more of an IJ? How old is it?

I have some tongue pics/videos of mine that I can upload later. You're right, takes a lot of patience and snaps to get just the right pictures >.<

Once again, gorgeous skink! I hope you two have a lasting friendship and loads of fun.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

Currently reading: Light in August by William Faulkner
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

She is just over a year, whether a northern or irayan I have no idea, she has alot of marking for a Northern.

She is very friendly, when she came she hissed and puffed up but by the next day she had calmed down and now she's a spoiled baby! lOL I take her with me all over...most times we hold her but she does have a case to go into if she wants or we need to use it. The kids hold her, and never an open mouth. I got her from naturecoastexotics.com and she has been healthy and perfect, and was cheaper then in stores around here even with shipping! LOL

Not positive on the girl part...I wanted a girl but sexing them is sooo hard and since I will never breed it doesn't matter she's my baby girl! LOL