My Geckos - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45
 
My Geckos

I currently have an African Fat-Tailed gecko and a Leopard Gecko. I'd like to get a Crested eventually.

Here's my AFT:




And my Leo:






Hope you enjoyed the photos.
RosenKrieger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Will It Ever Change?
 
mulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ottawa
Age: 36
Posts: 7,346
  
nice pics! they are beautiful!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
mulder is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 02:25 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 149
 
They are lovely. I really like their eyes and they have such interesting patterns on their bodies.
shinystar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45
 
Thanks for the compliments. they are (a couple of my many) babies.
RosenKrieger is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 AM
RAT ADDICT
 
VanillaRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Newfoundland
Age: 35
Posts: 19,199
  
They are cute!
I have two leos and eventually want a fat tail or crestie!




VanillaRat is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member
 
mtmaughan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Age: 34
Posts: 2,436
 
Your geckos look great! They are gorgeous.

Maureen


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
mtmaughan is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
They are cute!
I have two leos and eventually want a fat tail or crestie!
Thanks. When you get your AFT, make sure that it's captive bred. I've got a w/c one that I didn't ask about when I bought it, and it's really finicky about eating, hides all the time, and jsut can't seem to adjust well.
RosenKrieger is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 02:16 PM
RAT ADDICT
 
VanillaRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Newfoundland
Age: 35
Posts: 19,199
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosenKrieger View Post
Thanks. When you get your AFT, make sure that it's captive bred. I've got a w/c one that I didn't ask about when I bought it, and it's really finicky about eating, hides all the time, and jsut can't seem to adjust well.
Awww I am sorry to hear that!
The breeders who gave me my leos also bred AFT's,but one moved away and the other I no longer talk to...so until I find another breeder,I won't be getting one.I just don't trust the pet stores.

How long have you had your w/c AFT? I hope he adjusts sometime.

My millipede may be w/c.My friend gave her to me and I found out she got her from a place that often has w/c critters.Fortunatly my pede has been doing good and I have had her over 2 yrs now.




VanillaRat is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
Awww I am sorry to hear that!
The breeders who gave me my leos also bred AFT's,but one moved away and the other I no longer talk to...so until I find another breeder,I won't be getting one.I just don't trust the pet stores.

How long have you had your w/c AFT? I hope he adjusts sometime.

My millipede may be w/c.My friend gave her to me and I found out she got her from a place that often has w/c critters.Fortunatly my pede has been doing good and I have had her over 2 yrs now.
Cool. I hope you find a breeder. I'm thinking about getting a pair and starting to breed them. I don't think I'll use this girl for breeding though. I just dropped about $60 in various feeder insects in hopes that she finds something she likes. (she won't touch mealworms and will only grudgingly take a cricket).

What kind of millipede do you have? Bugs don't have the higher cognitive functions necessary to 'adjust' like reptiles, mammals, etc. do, thus, they do just fine as long as their habitat requirements are met.
RosenKrieger is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45
 
Also, here's a photo of my Leo in the new hide i got him today:

RosenKrieger is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Will It Ever Change?
 
mulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ottawa
Age: 36
Posts: 7,346
  
yay new hideaways!! great pix, i still love the fat squishy tail

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
mulder is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:08 PM
RAT ADDICT
 
VanillaRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Newfoundland
Age: 35
Posts: 19,199
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosenKrieger View Post
What kind of millipede do you have? Bugs don't have the higher cognitive functions necessary to 'adjust' like reptiles, mammals, etc. do, thus, they do just fine as long as their habitat requirements are met.
She is an African giant millipede,also known as the African black millipede.

Love the newest pic of your leo!




VanillaRat is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd
 
Sasami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Age: 29
Posts: 9,930
   
Cute geckos! I have a Crested...they're awesome.

Also, I've seen you on UltimateBettas!




~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




Sasami is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
She is an African giant millipede,also known as the African black millipede.

Love the newest pic of your leo!
Awesome. I want an AGB so bad. I've currently got Narceus Americanus, Chicobolus Spinigerus (Florida Ivory Millipede) and some species that I caught near my house thta I'm sure what it is yet. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
Cute geckos! I have a Crested...they're awesome.

Also, I've seen you on UltimateBettas!
Cresteds are cool. What is your s/n on UB?
RosenKrieger is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 02:56 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd
 
Sasami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Age: 29
Posts: 9,930
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosenKrieger View Post
Awesome. I want an AGB so bad. I've currently got Narceus Americanus, Chicobolus Spinigerus (Florida Ivory Millipede) and some species that I caught near my house thta I'm sure what it is yet. lol



Cresteds are cool. What is your s/n on UB?
My name on UB is Sami . I tend to lurk more than anything :p.




~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




Sasami is offline  
Reply

Tags
african giant millipede, captive bred, leopard gecko, pet store, pet stores


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome